SRS warning an MOT failure????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benzakita

Car
Mercedes C200K
Does anyone know if a SRS malfuction warning would mean a MOT failure? just realised my tickets up in 2 weeks and ain't dealt with the warning (been advised it's probably just a sensor). Thanks

Yes , the light must come on in test mode when you turn on the ignition and go back out once the engine is started - otherwise a failure .

Yes it's a fail as Derek states.

And to be honest I'd have wanted to fix the problem as soon as it came up because your airbags and seatbelt pre-tensioners have not been working ever since the SRS warning light has been lit up!!

What section of the MoT tester's manual does this come under?

Thanks Graeme, I have that but cannot find a ref to SRS triggering a fail?

It won't fail.

Airbags etc become part of the MOT test next year.

It will fail if the ABS light is on or the sequence is faulty.

ABS light is a fail.. SRS is not YET.
Otherwise every BMW over 10 years old would never pass!

I thought it had already come in , knew I had read it somewhere :doh:

Regardless - it is a safety feature you want to have working : could mean the difference between life and death , or merely being hurt or not .....

...Regardless - it is a safety feature you want to have working : could mean the difference between life and death , or merely being hurt or not .....

How very true.

And I always wondered if this may have an effect on your insurance - driving while a safety feature is knowingly faulty? The injury to occupants in case of a crash may be increased compared to what it would have otherwise been.

And yet, I could not find any reference as for the correct interpretation of the SRS light - does it mean that there is a fault, but the SRS system will still work other than the failed component (e.g. it does not seem sensible to disable all the airbags and the belt pre-tensioners if only the front passenger seat occupancy sensor is faulty?), or does it actually disable the SRS system in its entirety, as it would do when there is a component failure with ESP or ABS systems? The manual's wording is unclear, as it simply says 'SRS Fault visit workshop', but it does not actually say 'SRS Disabled'.

Does anyone know if a SRS malfuction warning would mean a MOT failure? just realised my tickets up in 2 weeks and ain't dealt with the warning (been advised it's probably just a sensor). Thanks
SRS ( supplement restraint system)if your light is on while driving, it means there is a malfunction in the system somewhere, which you should have checked.
The light comes on because the airbag computer has detected a malfunction. You need to have the system checked for codes with a scan tool. You then need to have the cause repaired by a trained technician. The airbag system is not a safe place for do it you selfers.:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom