SRS warning light has turned off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ream

Car
Clk 230 convertible
Had my wheels off recently for major refurb and until this work the SRS warning light has always come on. MB stealers claimed the sensor needed replacing at £303 but I did not go ahead with work as I have not had the car that long and wanted to get to understand the car and this problem.

I've had the car back a week and done a gatwick run and bit of local driving and no SRS warning light..........am I in luck or has the bulb blown from overworking.

Help confused

To check the bulb, it should come on when you start the car, and then go out.

MB would have reset the fault, but if the problem is still there then the SRS light will come back.

As jaymanek hinted, the usual culprit is the Front Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor, it a kind of thin mat with built-in micro-switches that goes under the seat's cushion, and costs around 135.00+VAT plus one to two hours fitting (the front seat needs to come-off and the cushion removed, a bit more tricky if you have leather seats than with cloth).

Try it with someone sitting in the passenger seat.

I have mate, put the mother inlaw first as she is the heaviest largest person I know, the light did not come on and as it was 4am there was no chance of hitting something to find if here air bag works or not......

To check the bulb, it should come on when you start the car, and then go out.

Thank you, that indeed works the light comes on and goes off like it should do.

Still confused so will ask a silly question now, is there sensor/wiring near brake pads/disk/callipers that the lads may have damaged/sprayed that has caused the light turning off.

Still confused so will ask a silly question now, is there sensor/wiring near brake pads/disk/callipers that the lads may have damaged/sprayed that has caused the light turning off.

Yes ABS use wheel speed sensors and they get knocked then ABS light comes on. I've had garages damage them in the past when changing brake components.

Yes ABS use wheel speed sensors and they get knocked then ABS light comes on. I've had garages damage them in the past when changing brake components.

Is your SRS or ABS light on?

Is your SRS or ABS light on?

SRS red light left hand side of a w208 dashboard- light has been on constantly for 5 months ( 1000 miles tops mainly short journeys )

MB would have reset the fault, but if the problem is still there then the SRS light will come back.

As jaymanek hinted, the usual culprit is the Front Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor, it a kind of thin mat with built-in micro-switches that goes under the seat's cushion, and costs around 135.00+VAT plus one to two hours fitting (the front seat needs to come-off and the cushion removed, a bit more tricky if you have leather seats than with cloth).

The light has come back on permanently now. Thanks for the advice fellas but looks like it's a MB fix. £300 MB or £160 plus the grief, they win on this one I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom