SRS Warning Light.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greyboy

Car
E280 Sport saloon.
My 2001 W210 320CDi Estate has had the red "SRS" warning light coming on and off randomly when driving,for the past couple of weeks. This evening on a 4 mile drive it was on all the time. It co-incides with the "air bag off" light on the centre console going on and off too.

Has anyone any ideas what this could be and how it could be fixed ? :confused:

It needs the codes read really but I'd hazard a guess at the passenger seat occupancy sensor or connection.

ive just had a week in wales..............1200 miles.....5 miles from home the srs flashed for a second 300 miles since and it has not repeated?? a one off or does it need checking?

sorry my post looks like ive hijacked original.....didnt mean it that way....but just same topic

Last edited:
I had a similar problem on my 04 facelifted W203. It turned out to be a faulty coil spring contact within the steering wheel. It was apparently a fairly regular problem (at least on the C class). It started off being intermittent, and then became permanent. The reason that the passenger airbag light goes on may be that when a fault is detected in the SRS system it deactivates that system completely:eek:
When I found this out I actually put quite a bit of pressure on the stealer to sort it because I was traveling extended distances without airbags, and hence at increased risk.:mad:

Just tested the car with and without a passenger. There is no fault at all when driving without a front seat passenger. Shortly after driving off with the front seat occupied the light comes on.

This shows that the passenger seat sensor/connection is quite probably at fault. Thanks Dieselman. I take it they are easily accessible under the seat if it is raised to its highest level.

The seat base has to come apart. It is DIYable but fiddly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom