SsangYong Go Bust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The hideous Rodius! It seems though to be a quite popular in London as black private hire cars. I suppose its because its cheap to buy and very roomy. They certainly aren't bought because of their looks.

I sat in a Ssangyong Rexton at the motorshow some months back and I have to say I was mightily impressed by it. Build quality was very good IMO, in fact I would say it was amongst the best of the cars I had sat in...and that includes Mercedes. Sure the dash was a sea of black but the build was solid and materials used felt robust. You may laugh, but if I were in the market for a 4x4 I might have seriously considered a Rexton...of course I wouldn't buy one brand new as that would be silly but a nearly new used example would be the best value. The car was on a stand so I couldn't actually drive one but based on build quality alone I was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
so I had a bit of shock when I rolled into work this morning.

found this in the car park

[pic]

still, looks good don't you think?

Our local taxi company has sent those to me on multiple occasions - I now specifically advise them not to send them. Have rejected two so far. It's the ugliest POS I have ever seen on a road. I want to personally hurt each and every person involved in the development of that vehicle.

:)

Our local taxi company has sent those to me on multiple occasions - I now specifically advise them not to send them. Have rejected two so far.

So the taxi turns up, it's a SsangYong, you reject it and then wait for another taxi of non-SsangYong brand?

Sounds like a case of bitting your nose off to spite your face.

They have gone bust? Thank Bloody God!
Yes their cars are ugly but they buy stuff off MB in huge quantities.

The chassis and engines in some of their cars are the same as your 124 and this helps reduce/maintain the global price for compatible components and keeps R&D going for a little while longer on models that would otherwise be forgotten about.

I hope they keep going! Just got to remember to keep sickbags in the car in case I see one on the road...

IMHO the Rexton's not bad to look at (already mentioned), although others appear to have fared less well by the designers pen.

Can't believe such a debate emerged about Ssangyong, I was choosing between getting a Rexton 7 seat or ML as I quite liked the Rexton, the reaction from friends to the idea of the Rexton was so bad that I got the ML. I thought the Rexton looked ok but reviews were terrible. I liked the special edition they did with all the chrome, I am pretty shore I’m a minority on that one:eek:

A very amusing thread! Love it! Whatever that black oreo thing was...seemed like some chap took the design from a left over tissue straight to the production line from the after work piss up down their local the night before!

Can't believe such a debate emerged about Ssangyong, I was choosing between getting a Rexton 7 seat or ML as I quite liked the Rexton, the reaction from friends to the idea of the Rexton was so bad that I got the ML. I thought the Rexton looked ok but reviews were terrible. I liked the special edition they did with all the chrome, I am pretty shore I’m a minority on that one:eek:

you are not. I like the rexton r- line and would but it if it came with a petrol engine any day anytime. my mum in law, drives the rodis. not a fan of that but in the last 3yrs she has only change the ignition key which she snapped at home( don't ask how) £120. and the engine and box even though old merc have stood up to the test

The hideous Rodius! It seems though to be a quite popular in London as black private hire cars. I suppose its because its cheap to buy and very roomy. They certainly aren't bought because of their looks.

Our local taxi company has sent those to me on multiple occasions - I now specifically advise them not to send them. Have rejected two so far. It's the ugliest POS I have ever seen on a road. I want to personally hurt each and every person involved in the development of that vehicle.

:)

The owner of a Renault Vel Satis might think it quite an attractive and pretty vehicle :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom