Staff Planner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Hope someone can help on this one I have trawled the net with no success which is very unusual. 2013 sees us with a lot of projects which will need a lot of staff planning and coordination, to date I have just used a simple Excel planner which has sufficed but now the projects are getting more complex involving more people from more than one region so I could do with something a little more sophisticated and elegant.

Basically I want to track the projects and travel of the people in our team which will enable me to schedule resource for future projects, ideally this would be in one of the Microsoft Office based formats.

Does anyone out there use anything similar or could point me in the right direction?

TIA

At work we use micrsoft project for some seriously complex jobs . Works well.

At work we use micrsoft project for some seriously complex jobs . Works well.

Thanks, Project is great.

I use Microsoft Project for tracking the individual tasks/milestones of projects and managing the detail, what I'm after is an overall resource view that I can put on display to all the other managers so they don't commit our teams resource when it is not available, which is getting more common.

MS Project should be suitable. You can free text labels.

Either assign resources to the MS Project tasks you already have or, if that's too granular, create another simplified project with block tasks you can assign resources to, then use an appropriate report to print a wallchart sized resource allocation calendar.

Problem I have is not all the Managers and people in my team have MS Project but they all have MS Office, the posted copy would be electronic on a network drive, I would also want it to be editable by my team so it is a live document as circumstances change. Not an easy one to explain what I want but thanks for the suggestions so far, please keep them coming :thumb:

Try WhiteSpace by Timewatch

It can be used with Exchange and BES Integration and also with CRM systems.

Last edited:
Problem I have is not all the Managers and people in my team have MS Project but they all have MS Office, the posted copy would be electronic on a network drive, I would also want it to be editable by my team so it is a live document as circumstances change. Not an easy one to explain what I want but thanks for the suggestions so far, please keep them coming :thumb:

Can't you host it on a server that you all have access to?
Your team would have write access, others read only.

Problem solved installed a calendar/resource scheduler in a Lotus Notes Teamplace which everyone has access to :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom