Staffy bull terriers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawnie

Car
Vito 110cdi (2002)
We are looking to rehome a dog and are looking on all rehoming sites,
What is it with kennels and staffys? They are full of them.
My question is why don't they put them down? There are way to many of them anyway.
Findus need a new supply of meat for thier burgers.....

a friend of mine works at a dogs home,she says staffs are put to sleep after one week if not rehomed due to the massive surplus of the breed,if she gets a family natured dog she brings it home and rehomes it herself to stop this happening,she says a lot of young males try to adopt them for the status side of the breed and dog fighting.

Another thing I can't get over is the way breeders cross things with each other and call them stupid breed names like jack-a-poo and labradadoodle.
Its a fecking mongrel!!!!!
We just want a dog to replace the hole our 'old bird' left not pay stupid prices to give a dog a loving home.

A poem I found whilst looking at a rescue site.

Just a Staffie Cross

Today is another day to me they're all the same
I have the worst of genes you see, I bear the Staffie shame
The shame is in our numbers, there's thousands with no home
Thousands just like me you'll find in kennels all alone.

My mum was just a Staffie my father- well who knows?
Mum, too, became unwanted, as the last puppy goes.
And then begins the process, of money-making deals.
A life of moving on unfolds - who cares how Staffie feels?
lf you have the cash to hand, the Staffie pup is yours
But that pup is getting bigger now, just look at those big paws.

You bought me for your image, thought I'd make you look more tough.
But you'll find my boisterous nature has already got too much.
If you had thought to train me, with kindness and with praise.
You would have had a faithful friend to share the darkest of your days.
I would lay down my life for you, but you simply cannot see.
You make sure you get your money back on what you paid for me.

And on it goes, until one day, I'm no longer worth a dime.
The retail on an adult Staff - not worth the waste of time.
So what happens to the Staffie now? Do you really want to know?
Do you care what will become of us, when we leave our final home?

Have you ever thought to wonder, Where is that Staffie now?
The Staffie has another name; he's become stray somehow.
Me, l was put in the car and driven far away.
The door held open, I jumped out, I thought to run and play.
It was with joy and happy heart I turned to look for you.
You drove away with all my trust and a piece of my heart too.

I wandered round for many days before l was brought here.
Now I wait with heavy heart, trepidation and with fear.
Seven days is all I have you see, seven days for you to claim.
The little dog that you threw out, for which you have no
shame.

This is my last goodbye now my seven days are up.
If only more thought had gone into the future of that pup.
As the needle empties to my veins I lay down with one last sigh.
I'm sorry I was born a Staffie because it means that I must DIE.

I do have a soft spot for them. Insane in a nice sort of way, and fun.

One adopted my son as he wandered back from the pub a few years ago (being a very rural place, this isn't uncommon, though its normally cats or sheep, with the occasional goose thrown in).

Anyway, we looked after Eric the Staffie for a couple of days while the owner was located, and returned him to his home. A very entertaining couple of days, as well, I walked miles:)

10 days later Eric had been put down, as he 'was too much trouble'.:mad:

working for social housing I can work in ten houses a day on average,i must see 5 staffs a day and in 30 years have never had an issue with one,the worst by far are jack russels,"its never bit anyone before says the old lady as its hung on your pants".

A good bull terrier staffy or English is a joy to own,but an ill tempered one should be renamed bull terrorist.

Staffies are the most tame and loyal dogs out there, it's these ****ing idiots that try and turn them nasty and into 'status' dogs that should be put down.

What about a Greyhound or Lurcher there are lots of those needing homes and they make perfect companions.

Alternatively just keep looking, I have rehomed 3 dogs over the last 6 years and you do have to have patience and perseverance as all sorts do eventually come up. It can be difficult having once just missed out on stunning short haired german pointer before due to the fact she was timid and they refused to allow her to a home that was in a busy area.

Also visit the same rehoming center and get to know the staff even ask what dogs they currently have in foster care, we took this approach with one of our dogs and ended up with one that I have bonded more than any previous dog I have had.

She is sweet natured follows me everywhere will play all day long and is great with children and animals. I can walk her off the lead in any situation without any fear she will misbehave, oh forgot to mention she is a staffie cross.

Last edited:
I would have a staff tomorrow but the lady indoors say no!
We have a lurcher and a cavalier and looking for something in between if you know what I mean!
Don't get me wrong Staffs are great loyal dogs but because of their press they don't get rehomed so harsh as it may seem surely they would have a better life if there is a doggy heaven than living out its days in kennels?
I know all the local council pounds do put all dogs down if not claimed in set number of days. But many kennels out there that just feed exercise and keep the dogs alive hoping on a new owner, but all to many times this doesn't happen and they just end up institutionalised into kennel living.

Are you sure a dog is for you?

Why because I think it is pointless keeping animals alive to live in kennels?

Yes sorry the findus bit was meant as a tongue in cheek joke but hey some may have sniggered others may not have. Humour comes in many different forms.

As for dogs not being for us..... Ours are well loved looked after and doted upon taking up more room on the sofa than myself and my girlfriend whilst watching T.V. in the evening.

A good bull terrier staffy or English is a joy to own,but an ill tempered one should be renamed bull terrorist.

Unfortunately, the Staffie's reputation as an easy-going and low-maintenance breed probably makes it the 1st choice of people who aren't prepared, or don't understand how, to be responsible and caring owners.

By comparison, the EBT's unwarranted reputation as a "difficult" breed probably saves it from such people, except sadly those who have a drive to compensate for their shrivelled brains and genitals by making dogs fight.

I might have an answer for you.
PM me please.

When my Dad was a kid they owned 2 EBT's (punch and judy) my Granddad had just finished decorating the front room all the furniture in looking really nice. Punch ran in wagging his tail, took a bottle of Quink ink off of the pull down desk, bottle hit the wall and broke....

When my Dad was a kid they owned 2 EBT's (punch and judy) my Granddad had just finished decorating the front room all the furniture in looking really nice. Punch ran in wagging his tail, took a bottle of Quink ink off of the pull down desk, bottle hit the wall and broke....

The breed profile often mentions "good sense of humour"- what they don't make clear is that really means "owner must have good sense of humour".

Unfortunately, the Staffie's reputation as an easy-going and low-maintenance breed probably makes it the 1st choice of people who aren't prepared, or don't understand how, to be responsible and caring owners.

By comparison, the EBT's unwarranted reputation as a "difficult" breed probably saves it from such people, except sadly those who have a drive to compensate for their shrivelled brains and genitals by making dogs fight.

My EBT was the best mate I had for years and also my worst some days.
A more entertainingly stubborn weapon of mass comedy I doubt I will ever meet again but he could absolutely destroy any prejudice in less then 30 seconds.
I think difficult is a euphemism.

Why because I think it is pointless keeping animals alive to live in kennels?

Yes sorry the findus bit was meant as a tongue in cheek joke but hey some may have sniggered others may not have. Humour comes in many different forms.

As for dogs not being for us..... Ours are well loved looked after and doted upon taking up more room on the sofa than myself and my girlfriend whilst watching T.V. in the evening.

Not very funny though when another guy on here is going through the mill with his dog and is likely to read your 'joke'. I agree with developer maybe you should be thinking twice about a dog!

Meh.
Funny how the guy your probably talking about has pm'd me about rehoming his dog for him.
Maybe he got his oats last night and isn't just a frustrated lonely old guy whining about peoples varying senses of humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom