Stage 1 @ MSL & resonator delete....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonboyE63

Car
2012 E63 Wagon
Just got back from the 300 mile round trip to MSL & Torqueflow in Birmingham.
Great chaps, very welcoming & knowledgable.
The exhaust was modified first, then they ran a stock power run & it made 525bhp - i thought that was bloody good for a 2012 80,000 mile engine - proves it's been well cared for & serviced on time etc.
Then the map was uploaded & after a few power runs & adjustments we agreed that 625bhp was a healthy & safe figure.
They made me toast it up the road & back a few times to make sure i was happy...jesus, i couldn't stop grinning.. :)
Drove most of the way home in sports mode using the M5/A419/A338 to have some motorway, dual carriageway & twisty A road action - also stopped at a private road & can confirm the acceleration between 80mph & 130mph is frankly alarming..
Met some fellow AMG owners, ate chicken & shot some pool, so all in all it was a good day.
Can't wait to drive to work tomorow morning...:cool::cool:

The exhaust was modified first, then they ran a stock power run & it made 525bhp - i thought that was bloody good for a 2012 80,000 mile engine - proves it's been well cared for & serviced on time etc.
Then the map was uploaded & after a few power runs & adjustments we agreed that 625bhp was a healthy & safe figure.
They made me toast it up the road & back a few times to make sure i was happy...jesus, i couldn't stop grinning.. :)
Drove most of the way home in sports mode using the M5/A419/A338 to have some motorway, dual carriageway & twisty A road action - also stopped at a private road & can confirm the acceleration between 80mph & 130mph is frankly alarming..
Met some fellow AMG owners, ate chicken & shot some pool, so all in all it was a good day.

It is like a great social club where you come out with a much faster and louder car...

I used to travel a few hundred miles to get there but well worth it. Acid, Imran and Co. are great at what they do and splendid hosts!

Makes a difference doesn't it?:banana:
You chose a different route to me coming up from Dorset.
M27/A34/M40/M42/A45

The cold start in the morning is much improved:thumb::thumb:

Glad you're pleased with the results... hopefully makes you love the car for a few years more 😁 it's a pretty epic car with some minor mods.

I could go and talk cars with other customers at MSL every day, worth the trip in itself!

I finally got my res delete done a couple of weeks ago. It really completes the package (until stage 2??)... how it should sound!

I could go and talk cars with other customers at MSL every day, worth the trip in itself!
That's what I used to do.

It's nice to be able to have a chat with someone and they understand exactly what you are talking about with reference to car modifications etc. without glazing over or not understanding.

Met quite a few peeps there over the time I went there around the middle part of the last decade.

Oh noooooo.... you ate the chicken.....

Last time I did that when I was down there for a remap and resonator delete, I went back within 3 weeks for Long Tube headers and more dyno tuning and then the rest is history. Now mine is supercharged with 2 page list of mods....

Oh noooooo.... you ate the chicken.....

Last time I did that when I was down there for a remap and resonator delete, I went back within 3 weeks for Long Tube headers and more dyno tuning and then the rest is history. Now mine is supercharged with 2 page list of mods....
The chicken was good....but the results after the map were better.....i won't be going back too soon - the extra power & exhaust tone will keep me happy for a while :rolleyes:

just found the MSL video on instagram - it made 625bhp & 685lbft - very happy & a week in i can safely say it's money well spent...
I went to watch the video on Instagram, sounds great! 👍

Thanks - my thoughts exactly & to think i was pondering selling it a few months ago...

I went down the same path.

After 3.5 years I was getting bored with my 211 E55.

So I decided to mod it and make it louder.

After some Acid chicken (laced with a drug called BHP), I was persuaded to make it faster and louder.

Glad I did. Immense fun and re-kindled my enjoyment of the car for another 2 years.

Lovely power gain !

Did the post-FL with 550bhp have any hardware differences over the pre-FL with 525bhp? Just a different map right?

Did the post-FL with 550bhp have any hardware differences over the pre-FL with 525bhp? Just a different map right?
I think performance wise just a map

but the post FL had stronger timing chains

@jonboyE63

I'm considering the resenator delete on my car. Did you keep the secondary cats (not 100% if there even are any, not been under the car yet) or take them out too and did they straight pipe where the resonator went or go for a X or H pipe. Cheers pal

Last edited:
No secondary cats on an M157 biturbo.
Mine was straight piped and the alternative is an H-pipe.
I heard an x-pipe isn't the way to go on a biturbo for some reason.

@jonboyE63

I'm considering the resenator delete on my car. Did you keep the secondary cats (not 100% if there even are any, not been under the car yet) or take them out too and did they straight pipe where the resonator went or go for a X or H pipe. Cheers pal
Hi James,

As per Mr Geed, rear resonator removed, straight through pipes installed & hey presto it's good to go...
Do it... :)

@jonboyE63

I also deleted res fairly recently and straight piped as others above. I was originally going to go for H pipe but very happy with the straight pipes and that I finally got round to doing it, it really suits the car in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom