Stage 2 om642

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SEBOM642

Car
E ClassOM642C207
Hi everyone, very knew to the MBCLUB, and nice to meet you all!

I currently have a E350 cdi (231bhp)
car went into limp mode then came out and shortly after engine management light came on, got it checked and the it's the dpf! I didn't understand why since I drive around 64 miles daily for 4 days on and off. Bought the car on 68k miles.
So after since all my friends have 140i, s3's and high powered diesels. So just thought I'll just do a stage 2 REMAP. The guy told me that he's done a stage 1.5 instead because apparently it's not feasible for a full stage 2? But I've contacted gad tuning few months back and told me with stage 2 it should hit 310 to 320. Now the gentleman who remapped my car is saying I would need an upgraded intercooler to achieve that power. I just want to know if anyone has done a stage 2 REMAP and what results they have gotten? Thanks in advance guys, much appreciated:)

We have the same engine - from what I can tell from some research, you can get to about 290 safely without changing some bits?

It's more about he torque increase though!

We have the same engine - from what I can tell from some research, you can get to about 290 safely without changing some bits?

It's more about he torque increase though!

Thank you for the reply mate.
Yes that's why I'm shocked as it is, some tuning companies get 290 atleast for stage 1. For stage 2 your looking for at least 10% for ripping the catalytic converters and also the dpf. So I don't see why he's telling me 310 isn't possible when multiple companies told me you get at least 310. Yes I know that the gearbox is also restricting for the torque(730nm) max but I'm pretty sure stage 2 sits just right below it, also after it's all about the cooling too but 310 is still considered safe thanks for the reply again bud

My stage one map done by a touring car company got my E350 CDI from 275 to 305.
Just as a guidance if needed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom