staggered AMG IV Alloys ( CLS W219 ) fitment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
Just asking the guys with experience of chopping and changing alloys , I've found a set of AMG IV, Genuine OEM. As fitted to the E 55 and CLS 55 don't know if they are staggered like these though?

Front 18×8.5j offset 25

Rear 18x9.5j offset 28

Parts nos on all wheels A 219 so I assume they are more than likely off a CLS.

Part no front A 219 401 1102

Part no rear A 219 401 1202

Question is will they bolt straight on to my non AMG CLS with Airmatic?

Any idea on tyre size? Research tells me 285/40/18 rear and 255/40/18

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Last edited:
Anyone? I've got to pick these up tomorrow as i have first refusal...really don't want to buy something that won't work for my car!

Those offsets are correct for the CLS. They are not correct for the E class, but would probably fit OK filling out the arches. The rear tyres should be 35 profile IIRC.

Last edited:
Looks like it.

Your tyre sizes are wrong though. Should be 245/40/18 front and 275/35/18 rear

See link below.

18" AMG IV wheels in Sterling Silver - Alloy Wheels Direct (50282)

You get them for a good price ?

Thanks, they are as new very little use by the looks if it, £600.00 with oem roundels.

Those offsets are correct for the CLS. They are not correct for the E class, but would probably fit OK filling out the arches. The rear tyres should be 35 profile IIRC.

Thanks, haven't committed to tyres yet but was thinking P Zero's, car currently on the undersized 17's, I'm assuming the existing wheel bolts will be fine?

The bolts on my E class with 18 inch AMG iv's were very short, only about 30mm thread. Check the bolts before you tighten and do some damage to the hub if they are too long. It is a common problem for owners using their spacsaver spare wheel without the shorter spacesaver bolts and damage the hub.

The bolts on my E class with 18 inch AMG iv's were very short, only about 30mm thread. Check the bolts before you tighten and do some damage to the hub if they are too long. It is a common problem for owners using their spacsaver spare wheel without the shorter spacesaver bolts and damage the hub.

Any idea on what sort of bolts I would need ?

285/35/18 and 255/40/18 on my CLS, same rims

285/35/18 and 255/40/18 on my CLS, same rims

Do you get any rubbing on the rears? With airmatic ii? As you have a 55 I assume the wheels were speced with the correct bolts, doubt my MB dealer will have a clue what I will need, I don't want to reuse my old bolts in case they are to short or buy a generic set that maybe too long and damage the hub :dk:

as you have a CLS, the CLS wheels you are buying will fit. I doubt you need different bolts either.

the slightly wider tyres should also be fine, as the AMG cars are no wider front or rear.

AMG IV wheels have only slightly different offsets compared to optional staggered 18" non AMG CLS wheels. These minor differences will mean that the AMG wheels will be slightly further out than standard 18" wheels; 3mm at the front, and 5mm at the back.

Thanks everyone for your help, very much appreciated, just done the deal. Can't wait to get them. Wife will kill me if she finds out lol :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom