Staggered at the cost of insuring....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aquanaut

Car
2020 C63s AMG Saloon
...my new C63! Take delivery of it on saturday so had been phoning around.
My 8 year old C55 was £321 to insure with £400 excess so was expecting anything from 500 to 800 quid. Did the usual comparison websites and was pleasantly surprised. Then tried mercs own insurance...£325!!!! :bannana: Just about fell off my chair! That will do nicely! Roll on Saturday!

Heh. Prompted by this, I just got a quote from MB for my car. Almost £1700 vs the ~£400 I'm currently paying. Clearly they are being selective about the business they take.

New cars are generally cheaper to insure than their equivalent older models due to their safety systems..

I thought mine was cheap at £380!

New cars are generally cheaper to insure than their equivalent older models due to their safety systems..

When I changed wifey's car for a new version of the same thing the premium went up a little - they said because the car was worth more.

Car insurance premiums baffle me in how illogical they can be - I've tried MB insurance a couple of times and they've been 2x the usual suspects.

Someone was saying on PistonHeads the other day that he did a comparison quote with his own insurer after having a non-fault accident and the premium was lower if he declared it!

Aquanauts insurance is that cheap because he's only on Dry land for 6 weeks a year so less 'exposure' ont t'roads! :p

I pay £3k for a £6k "market value" ML. :(

Business mileage and zero no claims as I have worked (and driven without incident) for 6 years.

Its only 174 quid less for my old 320 ci convertible. Oddly a Range Rover Vogue (MV £10k) was 110 quid cheaper than the BMW!

No rhyme or reason to this insurance caper... :/

oh, I'm forty next year and live in Leeds. Car is Garaged overnight.

...my new C63! Take delivery of it on saturday so had been phoning around.
My 8 year old C55 was £321 to insure with £400 excess so was expecting anything from 500 to 800 quid. Did the usual comparison websites and was pleasantly surprised. Then tried mercs own insurance...£325!!!! :bannana: Just about fell off my chair! That will do nicely! Roll on Saturday!

MB use Aviva insurance.

Business mileage and zero no claims as I have worked (and driven without incident) for 6 years.

Its only 174 quid less for my old 320 ci convertible. Oddly a Range Rover Vogue (MV £10k) was 110 quid cheaper than the BMW!

£3000??? Or was that a typo?

Postcode has a huge influence. My insurance is cheap in a A area. About 4 time the cost in an E.... (300 vs 1200)

Car Insurance Postcode Groups - Postcode as rated by Car Insurers

Ahh .. that explains it, I got an E! That's London for ya ..

Sky insurance seem to be one if the cheapest for performance cars, Swift cover not far behind for run of the mill

Spam reported

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom