Staggered Monoblocks possible bargain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Considering the state they are in and unknown offset I think thats a lot to pay

They reached a decent price. A real bargain would be half that.

I bid on them but gave up early on. Was surprised they shot up so much in the end... They were less than a hundred quid last night.

Didn't end up a bargain but not too bad considering what some sellers are asking of late !

Anybody, got an idea of how much each weighs?

I can see the postman dragging them down your garden path now:D

I paid £300 for a set of 18" ones 3 years ago with decent tyres!

Sorry, W430 there's a little confusion, I should have made myself clearer. I was wondering how heavy are those AMG monoblocks as I was going to compare weights against a couple of sets of alloys I already have.

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed! Pass on that one .. Sorry!

Sorry, W430 there's a little confusion, I should have made myself clearer. I was wondering how heavy are those AMG monoblocks as I was going to compare weights against a couple of sets of alloys I already have.

I can tell you that they're quite heavy for the dimensions. I compared a set of 17x7.5+8.5 AMG styling IIs (these ones - as used on C36 etc) against a a set of 17x7.5+85 styling Is (as used on CLK55 etc).

I had both sets in front of me without tyres. The weight difference was quite noticeable - something like 1-2kg per wheel - which adds up for a set.

All unsprung, rotating weight too. Imagine your wheels like a gyroscope, trying to change direction - a couple of kilos per wheel is significant.

Well the have been relisted. The price of monoblocks is very subjective. I've seen sets go for as little as 150 quid. My last to sets of 17 staggered cost me 160 quid and 180 both in need of a refurb. It seems of late ebay sellers have been putting up for silly prices 350 plus for ones that need refurbing but they are not selling. The last set I sold were 18" x 8 all round mint with tyres and struggled to get 400 quid. I will be selling my 17's soon they are staggered and mint with good tyres and a custom colour so we will see what I get !

I can tell you that they're quite heavy for the dimensions. I compared a set of 17x7.5+8.5 AMG styling IIs (these ones - as used on C36 etc) against a a set of 17x7.5+85 styling Is (as used on CLK55 etc).

I had both sets in front of me without tyres. The weight difference was quite noticeable - something like 1-2kg per wheel - which adds up for a set.

All unsprung, rotating weight too. Imagine your wheels like a gyroscope, trying to change direction - a couple of kilos per wheel is significant.

I was thinking they might be heavy, just that I've a half notion of going to 17's but I'm not interested in extra weight or too much extra weight. That would sort of defeat the point, especially when 16'' Toliman are so light. So, I'll forget about those one's, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom