Stamp Collection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alzieboy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E350CDI Coupe
SWMBO and myself have been having a clear out and tidy up in the Loft ( Not the best weather for this I can add ) .
We came across our old stamp album collection, we were both into this hobby many many moons ago .
Can anyone recommend someone / somewhere where we could get these stap albums valued .
Thanks

Unless you were an investment type collector who bought accordingly the value will be minimal.
There is a tiny chance there will be something of value in a general collection but as it has been in the loft I’m guessing it wasn’t something you thought required protection.
Certain things will always be popular though such as a ‘Penny Black’ that people will pay over the odds for.

SWMBO and myself have been having a clear out and tidy up in the Loft ( Not the best weather for this I can add ) .
We came across our old stamp album collection, we were both into this hobby many many moons ago .
Can anyone recommend someone / somewhere where we could get these stap albums valued .
Thanks
Have the same problem but with a stamp and coin collection which I last added to over 40 years ago. Doubt there is any value in them - no 1933 penny either:(

Have the same problem but with a stamp and coin collection which I last added to over 40 years ago. Doubt there is any value in them - no 1933 penny either:(
Same here.....

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm going through the process of clearing my late mother's house and have found many folders with stamps.

@alzieboy , did you ever sort your collection out?

If anyone else is a budding collector and has more helpful information, I'd be interested to know, thanks

When my father in law died, I took his collection of first day covers to a friend at work who is a keen philatelist to have a look. He said because so many people nowadays have a 'standing order' for them they're practically worthless. The only one he noted was an England World Cup Winners FDC postmarked Harrow and Wembley, but even that one wasn't enough to take early retirement.

They printed England World Cup stamps and after we won, there was a new print with England Winners. Relatively rare and my father bought me a full sheet of them. They are in my stamp book, if only I could find it.

Moving later this year so may find it then.

Denis i was a stamp collector in my younger days .But a firiend of mine spannered them out of my hands .. Only stamps i have are a few first day covers ,,and a sheet of World Cup Winners stamps of 1966 . Those i am asking about are my friends next door i am keeping them for him while the carers are in his bungalow every day in and out of draws and cabinets and all the places he kept them in . So i have them for safe keeping .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom