Stan & Ollie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like a fabulous night out for all the family.

What had you gone to see - "Jeremy Kyle: The Movie" ?
This was 40 years ago - and wasn't the sound of music!

One of the loveliest experiences I had in the cinema ( no , not THAT one ) was a few years back when I took my young son to a Saturday matinee of some kids film .

I can’t remember the film , but I do remember before it started there was this animated advert showing the Green Cross Code with cartoon hedgehogs showing how to cross the road , all to this tune that all the young children ‘La La La’d ‘ along to - just so lovely to hear all these young voices echo around the theatre .

There were a series of those-here's one example?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Maybe the thread title should be changed to something like Best/Worst Cinema Experiences.
I thought this was about the Stan and Ollie film.
Anyway, not exactly a cinema experience but a pirate film I had years ago filmed in America. It was a remake of a zombie film, the one where they're in the shopping mall, the audience would not stop talking, phones constantly ringing, whenever a zombie was killed the audience was whooping and shrieking and clapping. It was unbearable to watch listening to all that going on.

SpoonJar wrote:

Maybe the thread title should be changed to something like Best/Worst Cinema Experiences.

As the OP, I shall accept my punishment for creating the "thread drift" ;ˆ)

You are 100% correct. But I do enjoy the way that some of these threads develop like a bar room conversation. It often leads to a more interesting conclusion than the OP intended. That said... I would still recommend Stan & Ollie as a great piece of cinema for one and all. I still hate the Popcorn chomping, Coke Slurping, Comment passing cacophony of noise that others bring to almost every movie. There is a time & a place for everything. The cinema, is neither the time or the place for this kind of noisy/distracting behaviour. :mad:

Thanks for the film recommendation.

It's fascinating to watch the difference between the fat English and the slim French.

In general, French will not eat on the street, on public transport at the Cinema, at Outdoor events, or even in Parks.

While Brits feel the need to scoff and slurp their way through life.

latest

Back on the original track.

Went to see the movie, early evening show, yesterday. Delightful film, very well made with some superb acting. A very respectful audience, no popcorn chompers, crisp or sweet bag rustling. In a way a sad experience, as there were less than 30 people in the audience. How cinemas stay in business, I've no idea.

Back on the original track.

Went to see the movie, early evening show, yesterday. Delightful film, very well made with some superb acting. A very respectful audience, no popcorn chompers, crisp or sweet bag rustling. In a way a sad experience, as there were less than 30 people in the audience. How cinemas stay in business, I've no idea.

It will be interesting to see if survives at the box office. A complete lack of gratuitous violence and wall to wall rape scenes it is difficult to see it surviving too long.

By charging £1 per piece of popcorn.

We should consider the relative merits and our fortunes in opening a chain of Pop Corn Mines.

In Kent we have the Cinema located next to "Digger Land". An ideal opportunity to profit on? We will have giant Industrial Diggers scooping up tonnages of Pop Corn before emptying their loads into the eagerly awaiting cavernous gaping gobs, of the awaiting hungry crowds below. Coke could could be pumped into them using stirrup pumps powered from the river Medway. They could lie there all day in their own vomit, soaking up the contents of our newly opened mines. Money could be collected by contact-less Benefit Cards to avoid any non-payment debates as they roll out the doors.

I feel a business opportunity here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom