Stand out in the crowd..!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Not to everyone's taste and apologies if this has been posted before.

Someone sent this to me today and I thought I'd share with you all..

It's a Mercedes Benz owned by an Abu Dhabi oil billionaire (naturally).

Featuring the newly developed V10 quad turbo with 1,600 horsepower and 2800nm of torque 0-100km/h in less than 2secs, 1/4 mile in 6.89 secs running on biofuel.

That is NOT stainless steel, people; it is WHITE GOLD!

Attachments

• slr1.jpg
    slr1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 247
  • slr2.jpg
    slr2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 246
  • slr3.jpg
    slr3.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 246
It's a wrap, as in Wind Reel And Print, we're done here...

I think I saw a car which looks like that, not sure if it's the same one, parked outside The Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge yesterday evening, where I was dropping someone off. It was parked behind a silver Bugatti Veyron. :cool:

There were too many people about, and as those sort of supercars are everywhere around that area, especially at this time of year, I couldn't be bothered to stare/gawp/take pictures etc... those sort of cars don't really interest me anyway. :eek:

White gold :D easy to spot a potential urban myth in the making.

all joking aside, it is an eminently practical finish for a hot climate.

And for blinding all other motorists :cool:

I wonder how long before the Police get involved here in the UK? I'm sure there must be some legislation to ban it ..

Just how hot is Knightsbridge of an evening?

Re safety. I'd worry less about the glare and more about the camouflaging effect.

It is almost impossible NOT to see a wrapped SLR now, they are (relatively speaking) two a penny...

Taste, Money, Buy, Can't (feel free to re-arrange).

Clearly only an apprentice billionaire aspiring to the guy with the "diamond encrusted" SL with "Bavarian White Mammoth fur seats." LOL!

The world's most inappropriate cars

There is a level of wealth where you start doing things precisely because they are tasteless.

Now. Anyone know where I can get spinners for my jet?

Clearly only an apprentice billionaire aspiring to the guy up the road in the "diamond encrusted" SL with "Bavarian White Mammoth fur seats." LOL!

The world's most inappropriate cars

There is clearly a level of wealth where you start doing things precisely because they are tasteless.

Now. Anyone know where I can get spinners for my jet?

I think I saw a car which looks like that, not sure if it's the same one, parked outside The Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge yesterday evening, where I was dropping someone off. It was parked behind a silver Bugatti Veyron. :cool:

There were too many people about, and as those sort of supercars are everywhere around that area, especially at this time of year, I couldn't be bothered to stare/gawp/take pictures etc... those sort of cars don't really interest me anyway. :eek:

Well, I was back there this evening, collecting the same person, so as I waiting, I thought I'd take a photo to share on here. :)

Image064.jpg

As Toodeeps' link confirms the SLR is Chrome and not white gold. Like the Crystal encrusted SL it is just so 'I am blending in'.

So where do these cars actually move from and to? If you are based in a hotel in central London and parking is impossible in London - Where do you drive it from and to. Or do you just it just park outside the hotel to let people know you are in residence there.

Good question Trapperjohn. Sitting on the top deck of the number 74 bus last evening on my way to dinner with a friend passing through town, I saw one Lamborghini Reventon and a Koenigssunnysideupfriedegg, the former at the Hyde Park Hotel, the latter at the Lanesborough, both not moving. I also saw two Gulf registered G55s at the same time. On the rare occasion I see one moving, it is stuck in London traffic, where it is at a bit of a disadvantage.

So where do these cars actually move from and to? If you are based in a hotel in central London and parking is impossible in London - Where do you drive it from and to. Or do you just it just park outside the hotel to let people know you are in residence there.

Oh god! It's turned into an Audi!!:crazy:

Parking is hard, but not impossible in London, it's less likely you'll get parking on-street, though there are plenty of underground car parks around if you're willing to pay the £5+ an hour.

The underground car park at the Berkeley Hotel, is actually "good value" at £6.50 for two hours - which was where the SLR was parked, as I saw it exiting and roaring off as I was parked up!

Generally, as they're not registered here, they are just parked anywhere, (usually around the back streets of Harrods) and the owner's aren't going to be bothered with the unenforceable parking ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom