standard c63 remapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RossBHP

Car
mercedes c63 amg w204
Will I get a good increase in hp or is it a waste of money without headers and cat replacement :confused: so much confusion would love some honest answers :wallbash:

I have a 2013 c63 with a eurocharged v5 tune, done remotely using a handheld scanner plugged into the obd port. I love it, not been on a dyno because i am not interested in numbers but the increase in pull and the exhaust noise is perfect. I flashed back to standard before my service and the car felt like it was in a gear higher than it actually was, plus so much quieter on downshifts, had much less crackle. Went back to the tune after the service and fell back in love with the car. I would recommend it to anyone. P.s i have had to have the quaife diff fitted as the traction control light seemed to be on more than it was off!!! After the remap.

RossBHP said:
Will I get a good increase in hp or is it a waste of money without headers and cat replacement :confused: so much confusion would love some honest answers :wallbash:

You will see a gain of approx 50/70 bhp.

You will see a gain of approx 50/70 bhp.

Im hoping so , iv been in to the Japanese scene and ran a twin turbo jza 80 which had a piggyback HKS ecu with I car boost controller and was very impressed . I understand we are normally aspirated and it will not feel that punch like turbos give, but just would be nice to physically feel the difference and not just see it on the rollers

I have a 2013 c63 with a eurocharged v5 tune, done remotely using a handheld scanner plugged into the obd port. I love it, not been on a dyno because i am not interested in numbers but the increase in pull and the exhaust noise is perfect. I flashed back to standard before my service and the car felt like it was in a gear higher than it actually was, plus so much quieter on downshifts, had much less crackle. Went back to the tune after the service and fell back in love with the car. I would recommend it to anyone. P.s i have had to have the quaife diff fitted as the traction control light seemed to be on more than it was off!!! After the remap.

You say you set it back to standard on its service. This is another dilemma, can main dealers see its been tamped with???

Sorry to hijack but, standard being 457 (IIRC) the performance package model 474ish?

The standard model following just a remap can get to 507-527 is that really true? 50-70 hike?

If a performance pack model got the remap would it only bring it upto the same range as a standard with the map or would it be more likely 524-564ish?

If you use someone like eurocharged to do the tune then its not easily detected. The problem occurs if during a service the dealer was to flash ecu for some reason. This is because my understanding is that the handheld obd is not clever, it cant tell if the map has been changed so gets easily confused. It is so easy to flash it back to standard then back to the v5 map that i thought i would play it safe, also was still under warranty at the time, takes 30sec to flask from one map to the other.

ash59fifty-uk said:
If a performance pack model got the remap would it only bring it upto the same range as a standard with the map or would it be more likely 524-564ish?

Similar range to a standard c63.

JohnBell said:
Similar range to a standard c63.

So it really isn't worth it the extra then, at the end of it just different brakes, coloured calipers and some carbon thrown on :eek: (I know the internals are also different)

Unless of course the diff was added

Sorry to hijack but, standard being 457 (IIRC) the performance package model 474ish?

The standard model following just a remap can get to 507-527 is that really true? 50-70 hike?

This is it! Who no's can you trust the people you give your money to ???

This is it! Who no's can you trust the people you give your money to ???

Iv watched all the YouTube videos on dyno runs and some are saying get the gearbox mapped at the same time this is supposed to have a big effect on the out come

RossBHP said:
Iv watched all the YouTube videos on dyno runs and some are saying get the gearbox mapped at the same time this is supposed to have a big effect on the out come

There's a group buy on at the moment for a very reasonable price of a remap and handheld unit

Either Eurocharged or at MSL are very trustworthy, I think PCS on here also do them? I'm sure their owner is a member here Ollie something? (If someone can confirm)

Flashing the Ecu does not effect the TCU....its urban myth that the TCU is done at the same time.
Only way to have the TCU mapped is to remove it and then flash it on the bench.
On a standard 457bhp car the remap is very noticible along with a much deeper exhaust note...
All maps can be detected if the dealer wants to have a look.......and knows what they are looking for.

Flashing the Ecu does not effect the TCU....its urban myth that the TCU is done at the same time.
Only way to have the TCU mapped is to remove it and then flash it on the bench.
On a standard 457bhp car the remap is very noticible along with a much deeper exhaust note...
All maps can be detected if the dealer wants to have a look.......and knows what they are looking for.

Thanks . It's just good to get as much info as possible, after all we all have a common interested, getting the best out of what we have

There is always option 2.
A spare stock ECU;)

Hello and welcome! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom