Star C3 - Mileage Correction - W210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanMorgan

Car
R129 500SL, W124 300CE Twin Turbo, W210 E55 AMG, W211 E320 CDI Sport
Hi All,

I had the instrument cluster changed as the previous was faulty, the one that I fitted has 89k mileage, however I need to increase it to 135k~ to which it should be.

I have a star machine and navigated to the part where you change the actual values under the information/communication section. However, when changing the mileage, it only allows you to change it if its less than 250 miles.

Could anyone shed any light on this or have I gone to the wrong section in DAS3?

Hi All,

I had the instrument cluster changed as the previous was faulty, the one that I fitted has 89k mileage, however I need to increase it to 135k~ to which it should be.

I have a star machine and navigated to the part where you change the actual values under the information/communication section. However, when changing the mileage, it only allows you to change it if its less than 250 miles.

Could anyone shed any light on this or have I gone to the wrong section in DAS3?

You cannot change the mileage unless the cluster is new or has less than 250Km on it.

Second hand clusters need to be professionally zeroed before they can be properly installed in another car.

You cannot change the mileage unless the cluster is new or has less than 250Km on it.

Second hand clusters need to be professionally zeroed before they can be properly installed in another car.

If it was connected, would it not take up the higher mileage of the vehicle?

No, it needs to be zeroed then it can be programmed using star to the cars Milage

Ahhhh Nightmare!

Okay, thanks for the information! Anywhere to get the mileage zero'd?

I'm waiting 6 months then my car will have the 150K on it that my breaker's cluster has.

I have tried it Bob and it does display the donor's mileage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom