Star Diag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

braddersl

Car
merc cdi
Hi,
Does anyone have access to Star diagnostic or know a decent indy garage around the Derbyshire area to do coding of the rear sam for installing facelift rear l.e.d lights on a 2009 car.

TIA

Nope but the guys on here from command will know, try Rich/Alfie or go on their website

They do the conversions and know them like the back of their hand. I believe 2009 and below can fit the facelift tail lights but 2010 had different rear SAMs as I wanted to do mine

P.s I have facelift bonnet and headlights for sale if you want to complete the look ;)

Nope but the guys on here from command will know, try Rich/Alfie or go on their website

They do the conversions and know them like the back of their hand. I believe 2009 and below can fit the facelift tail lights but 2010 had different rear SAMs as I wanted to do mine

P.s I have facelift bonnet and headlights for sale if you want to complete the look ;)

How do I contact these guys. Cheers

Good luck with that if they don't charge an arm and a leg :eek:

Derby Merc did it this morning. Took them 50mins. Charged me £114 price of diagnostic. Well chuffed, facelift lights look the business. Strange how I called in at another Mercedes dealership and they said it couldn't be done and been to two Merc Indy garages who tried and failed with Star and numerous phone calls to garages who didn't have a clue.

braddersl said:
Derby Merc did it this morning. Took them 50mins. Charged me £114 price of diagnostic. Well chuffed, facelift lights look the business. Strange how I called in at another Mercedes dealership and they said it couldn't be done and been to two Merc Indy garages who tried and failed with Star and numerous phone calls to garages who didn't have a clue.

Worth noting this down as you say most dealerships won't even bother, but it sounds like Derby mercedes has someone there who knows the coding :)

The two Indys either didn't know how to use it or don't have a legit subscription with online SCN capabilities. My guess is they tried to do it via developer mode and faied

The two Indys either didn't know how to use it or don't have a legit subscription with online SCN capabilities. My guess is they tried to do it via developer mode and faied

One Indy had a Xentry computer thing and tried to do it but had no options in Xentry to change anything. They said that my car 2009 model does not use DAS but uses Xentry and that if it used DAS he could of done it.

The other Indy said he could do it using his Autologic machine. Said he had done it and that's how the lights were supposed to be. They didnt change at all and tried to charge me

And the other Merc garage said it can't be done as they can't get hold off the factory settings or something, only have them at the factory

One Indy had a Xentry computer thing and tried to do it but had no options in Xentry to change anything. They said that my car 2009 model does not use DAS but uses Xentry and that if it used DAS he could of done it.

The other Indy said he could do it using his Autologic machine. Said he had done it and that's how the lights were supposed to be. They didnt change at all and tried to charge me

And the other Merc garage said it can't be done as they can't get hold off the factory settings or something, only have them at the factory

As you have found, it can indeed be done :cool:

Sometimes though it does require a new SAM module though. All depends on model year of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom