Star diagnostics run - advice on codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A140 WSLD

Car
Mercedes A140 2000 (W)
I have an ongoing splutter problem. After regular diagnostics flagged up a MAF problem (p0100 codes) I sent the ECU off to ecutesting for repair, but since it came back I still have trouble with splutter at starting and when I try to put my foot down from idle.

On Friday I had it put on a Star machine before I sent the ECU back for testing. The fella said its probably the ECU still and to send it back as the codes P0100 -001, 002 & 004 came back again, which is a sporadic fault in component B2/5 (Hot film mass air flow sensor) which is making the signal voltage too high and then too low.

I have read stories where the problems appear as the MAF but turn out to be something else - Front Lambda Oxygen sensor for example which doesn't appear on diagnostics - and the ECU/MAF is actually fine.

The Star machine flagged all these codes - would they be relevant to my problem?

P012-011
P0303
P0600-001
P0600-013
P0340-001
P0100-01 (discussed above)
P0100-02 (discussed above)
P0100-04 (discussed above)

See attachment for details. Are these anything to worry about/relevant?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 32
Doesn't the operator of the STAR machine have any experience of working on MB's ?

I would send the ECU back to ECUTesting , as it does seem to point towards the MAS failed again.

Quite often it has to be boot strapped to reset the values when refitted

Yes there was some procedure to go through on these when fitting the MAF/ECU - can only be done on star.

Yes , i spoke to Olly about bootstrapping ours when i refitted the ECU/MAS , but in the end , it didn't need it.

Hi does this make your car jolt on odd occasion and/or revs surge slightly on odd occasion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom