STAR Diagnostics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BachgenDrwg

Car
MB A200 Turbo Petrol Manual
Hi all,

Does anyone have for sale or know of a decent substitute for an MB diagnostics system and where to aquire/purchase?

Many Thanks

Tom

Next best thing would be the icarsoft, depending on the age of vehicle this is only £135 IIRC
Test

Or you could shell out on STAR which wouldn’t be cheap

Reactions: GLK
As Ash said - iCarsoft MB V2.0 is a reasonable tool, and for the price - the best option, I think.
I have one, and it's been great - paid for itself a few times already :)

39964748924_0c59faf723_o.jpg

I had a Carsoft 7.4 setup before, put it together myself, with a Toughbook and a nice case, but found the interface a bit cumbersome, and the whole system somewhat an overkill for my needs and abilities, so I sold it.

34678459190_d000ee6f0c_c.jpg

Great. Thanks for the advise, i think i will certainly be getting one. As you said, they pay for themselves. Not many garages out there that are under £30 a pop!

PS would you know if this is fully compatible with my 05 A200 Turbo petrol?

Cheers all

Yes, it is essentially the same as mine, just a different engine.
The only inconvenience with iCarsoft is, you have to go through the car selection process every time - hopefully if enough people request the feature, they might implement a one or few pre-set profiles in their future firmware updates.

There are a lot of fake iCarsoft products out there, and the only authorised distributor in the UK is UK Parts Direct ... despite what others are claiming, in their eBay and Amazon listings.

To all that are interested! Being that my mother brought me up to haggle/best price etc. I went direct to the vendor of:

ICARSOFT MB V2.0 MERCEDES VITO W 639 OBD2 MULTI SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC FAULT SCANNER | eBay

You can contact him direct on [email protected]

I paid £125 (via paypal) all in delivered to my door. A tenners a tenner!

Thanks all for the advise ;)

Oh dear, lol

As GLK mentions, the one I linked is an official seller for icarsoft... the unit will need hooking up to the icarsoft website to update and release some pretty important updates & options. If it’s a fake then the serial won’t register

Hi Chaps, sorry for delay in reply. Been a busy day. Your quite right to be wary but i did do my homework. Although this VAT registered company (LJMdirect) is not an authorised distributor he has a trade account with iCarsoft uk allowing him to by genuine units in bulk at discount direct from them (iCarsoft UK) to legally retail.
Support works in the same manner as if you bought direct from iCarsoft. Simply download the update software from their website, enter your serial into the software whilst connected to the net and the database will ping the unit as genuine. full support granted ;)
Will load links etc if anyone would like.

Have a good wknd all :) (unfortunately i will be working 12's:confused:)
Thanks again for advise
Tom

Great! ^^^
That's actually £20 less than I paid back in March, so a bargain! Well done :)

There are a lot of fake iCarsoft products out there, and the only authorised distributor in the UK is UK Parts Direct ... despite what others are claiming, in their eBay and Amazon listings.
You are right GLK.. I contacted UK Parts Direct about purchasing the iCarsoft MB11 ( was the latest version at that time) but they told me that it was currently un available, and would not be back in stock for at least 2 weeks ( they were in fact, waiting for the even newer version... iCarsoft MB V2 ) but as I needed it there and then, I purchased one on amazon, and it duly arrived. I registered it, got the updates installed, and its working perfectly. BUT since then no new updates, so I contacted UK Parts Direct, and first thing they requested was my order Nr to them. No order Nr, no updates. But now I have bypassed them, and contacted iCarsoft company itself, and am waiting to see how that will work....They should recognise if it's a copy or the genuine article by the SN and ID code.

I bought an iCarsoft V2 not too long ago from UK Parts Direct as well. So far really impressed by it. There’s many generic code readers about but this does far more.

There is also an iCarsoft EU PRO for all European cars for not too much more money.
Handy as well as my merc, my wife had a Volvo, my daughter an Audi and my son a seat.

Are the software updates expensive ?
My friend with a repair garage has to pay annually to update his system (which is not Star).
Says it's quite expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom