Star diagnostics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattyp

Car
2005 Cls 320 cdi
Can anyone recommend a good seller. I would like to buy the star diagnostics program.

You can't buy genuine STAR in the UK, because Mercedes-Benz will only sell it to garages and not to private individuals.

There are quite a few STAR clones on sale on eBay and elsewhere, but they are all running pirated or hacked version of MB's software, and discussing illegal copies is (rightly) not permitted on this forum.

You can, however, purchase iCarsoft MB v2.0 or Carly for Mercedes. They are inexpensive, and good enough for most DIY work, though they can't be used to do any coding, i.e. they can only be used to read data, but not for any programming.

Last edited:
See also:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can't buy genuine STAR in the UK, because Mercedes-Benz will only sell it to garages and not to private individuals.

There are quite a few STAR clones on sale on eBay and elsewhere, but they are all running pirated or hacked version of MB's software, and discussing illegal copies is (rightly) not permitted on this forum.

You can, however, purchase iCarsoft MB v2.0 or Carly for Mercedes. They are inexpensive, and good enough for most DIY work, though they can't be used to do any coding, i.e. they can only be used to read data, but not for any programming.
Thank you. Have a snap on scanner already. I just need the star system to set up the suspension on my cl500

Thank you. Have a snap on scanner already. I just need the star system to set up the suspension on my cl500

Well, as said, you won't find help for this particular request on this forum.

can you recommend another system to calibrate the suspension?

hmm.. can't send you pm...??????

If you have a snap on already, is it worth buying an expensive diagnostic system just to calibrate the suspension? Why not take it to an independent with the appropriate hardware and get it done?

This must be the 3rd thread requesting a STAR diagnostic this week.

I like be able to fix issues myself. The snap on scanner doesn’t list much for the suspension. Was only asking about the star software as I was told it might be the only program which can calibrate it.

Yes I have got abc. I have these codes

Attachments

• 6F91DB59-C47F-494A-9D3E-BEB988FE87F7.jpeg
    6F91DB59-C47F-494A-9D3E-BEB988FE87F7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
By all means, do buy a STAR clone and get the calibration done yourself.

My only comment was that you won't get advice here on buying STAR clones... but there's plenty of forums that will gladly provide advice.

And you are welcome to stay on this forum for any other issues.

Yes I have got abc. I have these codes

Attachments

• 100B2AB3-D7BE-4133-849A-4E51087015A8.jpeg
    100B2AB3-D7BE-4133-849A-4E51087015A8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom