Star Grille for W208 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Grainger

Car
SL55, Porsche 996 C2 convertible
If any CLK owner feels (like me) that the front of their car looks a bit bland, then they should give serious consideration to fitting a 'star grille'.
Mine came today, hot from germany, I have fitted it tonight (10 minute job).
It has transformed the appearance of the front of the car. I personally think that MB should have fitted star grille as standard - It looks so much better than the standard item.
The grille came from Ralf Schmidt at matrix.de - the total cost was 289 euros which included postage to UK and a flat bonnet badge to replace the original 'star'. You can even pay by credit card so it's completely painless. Surprisingly - the grille and bonnet badge all appeared to be original MB parts.

Go on, you know that you want one........

Paul G

yeah Paul we don't believe anything we read unless it is backed up with pics! ;)

Originally posted by Shude
yeah Paul we don't believe anything we read unless it is backed up with pics! ;)

We don't understand anything we read, unless it has pictures!

picture.GIF

OK, OK, OK.....
So - how do I post pics on the site? I thought only administrators could do that?

Paul G

you can link to your webspace... or if you don't have any webspace then email to one of us and we will gladly host it for you, I'm sure !

S.

I don't have a web site (I don't think I have, anyway), but e-mailing some pics is no problem. What e-mail address shall I send them to?

Paul G

Pics sent.....

Paul G

I apologise for the quality of the last pic, but don't you lurrvve those illuminated sill trims.......

Paul G

Originally posted by Paul Grainger
don't you lurrvve those illuminated sill trims.......

Paul G

ja, NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Paul, I assume you fitted the flat hood emblem yourself. Can you let me know where you got it from?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Paul Grainger
...included postage to UK and a flat bonnet badge to replace the original 'star'.
Originally posted by Fudger
Paul, I assume you fitted the flat hood emblem yourself. Can you let me know where you got it from?
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom