Star Smart vehicle protection........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kop-al-74

Car
06 C230 2.5 v6 7G-Tronic
I brought my Mercedes C230 06 from Mercedes direct 3 weeks ago.They offered me this Star smart insurance policy which covers you for scratches,scuffs,chips and dents.The price was £199 for a year,£299 for two and £399 for three years.
I thought it was worth it for 3 years cover at £399.

I covers you for scratches upto 15cm.Chips upto 1.5mm in diameter.

I am so glad i have taken this out as some ******* has keyed my boot lid.:mad:

Has anyone else taken out this insurance?

Or better still,has anyone actually made a claim and had work done on their car?

Also,reading the thread on rust,some people mentioned that on trying to claim for the 30 year warranty,they will only cover it if it has a full MB service history.Would using this Star smart system invalidate this warranty or would MB recognise it as being a MB standard repair?

Al.

Last edited:
bootlid is an unusual place to be keyed?

It was in a car park nose facing inwards.Someone just walking past,i presume.It was early hours as i returned to the car around 1am and it was keyed.

Somewhere i had never been to before.

I covers you for scratches upto 15cm.Dents upto 1.5mm in diameter.

Doesnt that exclude most forms of damage? :confused:

I've never seen a keyed car that only had a 15cm scratch. I dont think I can visualise a 1.5mm diameter dent either. :crazy:

If you make a claim on this, do you have to notify your normal insurance company I wonder? If so, what is the point in it?

Doesnt that exclude most forms of damage? :confused:

I've never seen a keyed car that only had a 15cm scratch. I dont think I can visualise a 1.5mm diameter dent either. :crazy:

If you make a claim on this, do you have to notify your normal insurance company I wonder? If so, what is the point in it?

The scratch on my boot is in total around 20cm.But it starts light for about 5cm then goes deeper to the base coat for about 10cm then sort of fades away after another 5cm.I'm hoping when they come to look at it,i may beable to offer the repairer a drink!

It is totally independent of your insurance.

Sorry,the 1.5mm is for chips not dents.Dents are 15cm in diameter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom