Star xentry enabling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herishi

Car
2007 E280 Sport
Guys

I have heard that extra features that were not purchased originally can be enabled by star.

What things can be enabled? I would have thought you would need additional hardware too.

Is there anything that can be enabled without extra hardware?

Thx

Ste e

cluster mods include

fuel remaining
temp on display
lowering - airmatic only

star needs all the multiplexors etc to speak to your car - easiest way is to visit an indie.

anything can be added, not cheaply tho!

Guys

I have heard that extra features that were not purchased originally can be enabled by star.

What things can be enabled? I would have thought you would need additional hardware too.

Is there anything that can be enabled without extra hardware?

Thx

Ste e

Auto folding mirrors (if electrically folding)
Tyre pressure loss warning
Fuel tank content display
Outside temperature disply in the status line
UK mode deletion (enables MPH in status display)
Navigation display in instrument cluster
Telephone/ipod buttons enable and display in instrument cluster

hi guys,

What can be enabled / dissabled on a 2013 C63?

Would be nice to see a comprehensive list of mods that can be enabled disable on a w639 /w205 specifically for me and of course all variants of MB!
info seems to be limited even with the search buttons LoL :dk:

lots stuff listed for Audi via VCDS with coding info required which make simple mods accessible leaving the bigger retrofit projects to the aftermarket dealers to make there crust:thumb:

lots stuff listed for Audi via VCDS with coding info required which make simple mods accessible leaving the bigger retrofit projects to the aftermarket dealers to make there crust:thumb:

VAGCOM gives cheap access and the system has commonality across 4 different manufacturers, so it's no surprise there's a lot of information out there.

Given the cost of STAR, you will rarely find it in private hands so even if the info is publically available you've still got to go to someone with the relevant kit (and thus knowledge) to get it programmed.

VAGCOM gives cheap access and the system has commonality across 4 different manufacturers, so it's no surprise there's a lot of information out there.

Given the cost of STAR, you will rarely find it in private hands so even if the info is publically available you've still got to go to someone with the relevant kit (and thus knowledge) to get it programmed.
Worth me buying nice to learn and gain knowledge
also handy as we now have several mb variants

Pontoneer said:
Don't the new cars have a fuel gauge ?
I think this mod it to say how many miles of fuel remaining

Hope you've got deep pockets then!

My previous experience is kit like this pays for its self several times over
the joy of diagnosing faults or coding is tenfold !
I remember just before we sold last car engine management light came on
dealer and non franchised quoted £550>£700 +vat
cost me £110 inclusive for part and 15 mins to change it (secondary pump)
thanks to my diagnostic bit of kit:thumb:

Agreed - I bought my Star off a fellow forum member for several hundred pounds and it has easily paid for itself several time over - mainly with retrofits (rain sensor, electrically folding mirrors, NTG2.5 and more recently diagnosing auto transmission fault).

Now looking for an earlier version (year 2011) so that I can programme the NTG 2.5 head unit to enable reversing camera and Linguatronic feature.

My previous experience is kit like this pays for its self several times over
the joy of diagnosing faults or coding is tenfold !
I remember just before we sold last car engine management light came on
dealer and non franchised quoted £550>£700 +vat
cost me £110 inclusive for part and 15 mins to change it (secondary pump)
thanks to my diagnostic bit of kit:thumb:

Not really a fair estimation of saving there, as your labour is free. :thumb:

A decent indy will give you a code read for a fixed fee, so the real balance is how many of those you could buy before the kit pays for itself.

I'd say it's a fair comparison. If he didn't have the diagnosis equipment he would have had to pay someone else to do the work. OK he had to do some work himself but the diagnosis box enabled the cost saving

Not really a fair estimation of saving there, as your labour is free. :thumb:

A decent indy will give you a code read for a fixed fee, so the real balance is how many of those you could buy before the kit pays for itself.

on the plus side tally up the beer tokens converted to ££$$
for helping out otherS:thumb:

the very fault

just found the actual scan results i previously mentioned regarding faulty part i had a few years back:bannana:
saved me a small fortune I had the VCDS For a good few years
paid for itself within a few months...

MB Kit similiar pricey but will pay for itself of that i am sure !

Attachments

• vcds.PDF
    77.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I'd say it's a fair comparison. If he didn't have the diagnosis equipment he would have had to pay someone else to do the work. OK he had to do some work himself but the diagnosis box enabled the cost saving

Conversely, checkout this thread on MBClub regarding the gearbox woes of fellow forum member, caused mainly due to the lack of STAR in my opinion - both in reading the proper fault code in diagnosing the real culprit, clearing possible 'deep' error codes embedded in the TCU, and possible re-coding a 2nd hand TCU for use in his car. I really feel for him on this one given the time and money he spent on attempting to resolve his woes (made much harder, if not impossible, without STAR)!

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/182573-my-gearbox-finished.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom