Star Xentry - How to view fuel trim?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golf2

Car
W211 E320 CDI
Hi chaps,

My E320 cdi OM648 just failed MOT on emissions. The smoke test gave an average value of 1.2 and the plate value is 0.6.

I've treated the fuel system with Millers Ecomax and given it a good thorough drive with plenty of high RPM acceleration but it hasn't improved at all.

I have Star diagnostics so would like to check the function of the MAF sensor. Does anyone know how to view the live fuel trims or airflow readings using Star? I can't seem to find these values?

Many thanks in advance.

Tom

What’s the mileage?

W211 is DAS car.

Under CDI unit go measurements and thet select 'check engine on idle' (can't remeber exact menus in english). Injector correlation values should be found under check engine run too. You can also try via 'list of checkings'. Practice in simulation mode.

Edit: could be boost problem too...

Hi chaps,

My E320 cdi OM648 just failed MOT on emissions. The smoke test gave an average value of 1.2 and the plate value is 0.6.

I've treated the fuel system with Millers Ecomax and given it a good thorough drive with plenty of high RPM acceleration but it hasn't improved at all.

I have Star diagnostics so would like to check the function of the MAF sensor. Does anyone know how to view the live fuel trims or airflow readings using Star? I can't seem to find these values?

Many thanks in advance.

Tom
What happened in the end out of interest? Noticed you never updated the thread :)

Sorry I'd completely forgotten about this! I should have set up email alerts.

The MOT tester managed to get it to pass eventually when the engine was hot but only just. I've actually just found out I had a leaking injector so that may have been a contributing factor. It'll be interesting to see how it gets on at it's next MOT now the injector is fixed.

It's done over 170k miles but has been very well maintained by Mercedes most of its life. It was remapped at the time of MOT fail but I've since had the remap removed to be on the safe side. It's passed 2 or 3 previous MOT's with the remap though so doubt that was causing it.

What were the symptoms of the injector leaking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom