Starbucks: What a rip-off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I was feeling a bit parched earlier and happened to be passing Starbucks so I thought I'd call in for a cup of Rosy-Lee only to find they charge £5 for a pot!

So I went to my local greasy spoon cafe where they did me a pot for £2!

Came out smelling of chip fat but at least I saved a couple of quid!

You must have gotten ripped off - the seller on the street in Egypt sold them for even less than that! Rip off Britain, Cameron's fault for letting everyone in and the EU for existing. Oh yes, and as always, I'm the grumpy old git :p

Ah the "Main dealer Vs Independent" debate:bannana::bannana::bannana::D:D:D

You can put the savings towards the cleaning bill to get rid of the smell of chip fat.

But on the positive side, you have supported three businesses, independent tea retailer, petrol station and cleaners, so thus you should be commended.

£1 in diesel?

How do you sleep at night knowing that you could have sold the car, given all your money to charity and cycled to the greasy spoon?

M.

Note: this is an inside joke... if you haven't kept abreast of recent threads, it'll make no sense...

………….. at least I saved a couple of quid!

Cheaper still to buy a box of 40 teabags, then just suck one when you feel the need ………..

And I hope you're feeling totally disgusted with yourself for even going to Starbucks in the first place when they've avoided paying millions in UK taxes.
:ban:

And I hope you're feeling totally disgusted with yourself for even going to Starbucks in the first place when they've avoided paying millions in UK taxes.
:ban:

...but provided jobs for thousands who do pay tax.

Starbucks has much bigger overheads , solid silver tea pots and has to invest in expensive char making equipment. It also has to train it's tea making personnel.

Do they have a nice chrome and glass foyer that you can sit in , and do they offer you a cup of coffee while they make your tea at the greasy spoon ?

No ?

Thought not ....

Starbucks, like many franchise operations, do not directly provide jobs. All the risk is taken by the franchisee, who must pay handsomely for the privilege.

Who in their right mind would go to Starbucks for a cup of tea !!? (or even coffee, although that is more understandable). Us southern folk wouldn't be so flash with our cash.

Who in their right mind would go to Starbucks for a cup of tea !!? (or even coffee, although that is more understandable). Us southern folk wouldn't be so flash with our cash.

didn't think they serve Shandy at Starbucks :D

That will teach you, you should avoid Starbucks, as they won't give out boys in Afgan anything.

I was feeling a bit parched earlier and happened to be passing Starbucks so I thought I'd call in for a cup of Rosy-Lee only to find they charge £5 for a pot!

So I went to my local greasy spoon cafe where they did me a pot for £2!

Came out smelling of chip fat but at least I saved a couple of quid!

Wouldn't even go to Starbucks for a coffee - nothing to do with the price, it tastes awful :crazy:

Costa for me! :thumb: :bannana:

You're all rich kids, it's a 30p Nespresso capsule for me. :)
2 pots of Starbucks tea a day is equal to a SLK250!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom