Starbucks: What a rip-off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't *$ buy teavana? Why aren't you going to teavana instead?!

I reckon I could rent a c63 with what my wife spends on coffee a month ;)

...but provided jobs for thousands who do pay tax.

Most of their jobs are minimum wage and a great many of their employees will be part-time.

Combine the two and their pay will be so low that they remain firmly below the income tax earnings threshold.

£1 in diesel?

How do you sleep at night knowing that you could have sold the car, given all your money to charity and cycled to the greasy spoon?

M.

Note: this is an inside joke... if you haven't kept abreast of recent threads, it'll make no sense...

It was me that it was first aimed at!

I have never been to a Starbucks or Costa Coffee in my life.

No real reason why apart from the fact that if I have a cup of tea I like to be at home reading the paper. If I want to sit in an establishment and pay up to 5 quid for a beverage I will go to the pub for a beer.

I don't drink coffee apart from frappe.

I like pizza with 'fior di latte' mozzarella.

Surprised this thread is still running!

I've said what I had to, this is me singing out ;)

M.

I was feeling a bit parched earlier and happened to be passing Starbucks so I thought I'd call in for a cup of Rosy-Lee only to find they charge £5 for a pot!

So I went to my local greasy spoon cafe where they did me a pot for £2!

Came out smelling of chip fat but at least I saved a couple of quid!

Sorry to pick you up, but you actually did not save anything. You actually spent £2.

Starbucks, like many franchise operations, do not directly provide jobs. All the risk is taken by the franchisee, who must pay handsomely for the privilege.
I'm not sure this is entirely correct. I know that some outlets are Franchises but I was under the impression that must were under direct control.

I think that since people are now "conditioned" by Starbucks and Costa etc to pay £4-5 quid for a coffee, you go to your local greasy spoon where coffee was 80p and now even they charge £2 or so.....

Are we being mugged?

…..people are now "conditioned" by Starbucks and Costa etc to pay £4-5 quid for a coffee………..

Large black coffee £1.25 at KFC, and they are on most high streets.

You don't HAVE to eat as well…….

I think that since people are now "conditioned" by Starbucks and Costa etc to pay £4-5 quid for a coffee, you go to your local greasy spoon where coffee was 80p and now even they charge £2 or so.....

Are we being mugged?

Impressive pun! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom