Starbucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I'm a little embarassed to post this being Italian... but I've lost a bet and am at even more of a loss when it comes to the starbucks chain!

So now, I need to bring her to "the best starbucks in London"... problem is, I've only ever been to one starbucks, once in New York... and never went back!

My guess is the coffee is the same across the branches, so it's all about looks...

So, can we have a show of hands, what's the best starbucks in London? A quick google search brings up the one near Tower bridge on St. Catherine's dock....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomstardust/3184170501/
do the starbucks-goers here agree?

Any which you think looks better?

Thanks,
M.

You're right, the coffee is the same across the chain, awful!

Take her to Bar Italia.

Last edited:
I used to use the one near Green Park tube every morning, and found it quieter and more relaxing.

But coffee is the same whichever one you go to!

same here great for the WiFi connection but coffee Bl**dy awful

:confused:

I quite....... like Starbucks?
I quite.......like to be beside the seaside?
I quite....... agree?
I quite........like tall skinny latte?
I quit :confused:

:D :crazy: :D

'Best' anything is subjective. Take her to the nearest.

http://starbucks.co.uk/en-GB/_Our+Stores/_Store+Locator/StoreLocatorMap.htm?a=1&StoreKey=90786&IC_O=51.513962908964%3a-0.104386207972128%3a32%3aEC4%2c+City+of+London%2c+England%2c+United+Kingdom&GAD1_O=&GAD2_O=&GAD3_O=EC4%2c+City+of+London%2c+England%2c+United+Kingdom&GAD4_O=&Radius=5&Countryer ID=242&DataSource=MapPoint.EU&DistanceUnit=Kilometer

Either the one at Paternoster Sq near St Pauls Cathedral, or the one behind Mansion House (in an old church/steeple ). Then take her for a nice stroll to Bow lane and buy her the citys best sandwich at 'Bar Remo' and finish off with some lovely chocolate at Chocologu in Bow Lane.

(Not sure if these are open at Weekend)

Cheers

Apostrophe, the UK owned French style chain, make the best coffee in London. Thats coming from an Italian who loves his cappuccino.

Also Melrose & Morgan in Primrose Hill makes a great coffee, if you happen to be in the Camden/Regents Pk area.

Bar Italia not so good in my book, not really a cappuccino like back home (froth too separated from the coffee).

Agree with the others that Starbucks is awful!

Howdy!

Let me explain, she specifically wants starbucks... if it were just for coffee, I have a Gaggia at home that makes some pretty good coffee :p

I lost a game we played last time we met, and my "penalty" is to bring her to "the best starbucks in London"... that said, I'm making a note of some of those bars for myself :p

M.

Bar Italia not so good in my book, not really a cappuccino like back home

You must go there very early...I've never had a cappuccino there so I can't comment.

The one on St Katherine's dock is in nice surroundings but the coffee is as mediocre as you'd expect...
I own/run 2 coffee shops and in the industry there are perhaps 2 or 3 great cafes in London. Monmouth Coffee on Monmouth st are amongst the best, Flat White is EXCELLENT and Square Mile Coffee Roasters is owned by James Hoffman the World barista champ and run with Stephen Morrisey (current world barista winner) and Anette. They are all perfectionists and amongst the best in the world at their trade...They're actually coffee roasters and available by appointment only! There's also Fernandez & Wells to consider.

Have fun in *$ though and enjoy your drink made by ahem.. well trained & motivated staff, who know how to get the best from their over roasted beans using only the best automatic machines.... Yeah, you can tell the REAL coffee trade really loves what they do...:rock:

Last edited:
hmm , i quite like starbucks.

The one on St Katherine's dock is in nice surroundings but the coffee is as mediocre as you'd expect...
I own/run 2 coffee shops and in the industry there are perhaps 2 or 3 great cafes in London. Monmouth Coffee on Monmouth st are amongst the best, Flat White is EXCELLENT and Square Mile Coffee Roasters is owned by James Hoffman the World barista champ and run with Stephen Morrisey (current world barista winner) and Anette. They are all perfectionists and amongst the best in the world at their trade...They're actually coffee roasters and available by appointment only! There's also Fernandez & Wells to consider.

Have fun in *$ though and enjoy your drink made by ahem.. well trained & motivated staff, who know how to get the best from their over roasted beans using only the best automatic machines.... Yeah, you can tell the REAL coffee trade really loves what they do...:rock:

I love St katherines wharf, stayed there during a Disaster recovery test at our DR suite there. Im gonna try out your recomendations! although Ive been going off expresso based coffee and enjoy Filter coffee more these days, black 2 sugers please..

Lol @ the Starbucks being 'Awful' comments, as in 'it's just so awful I wouldn't drink it if you paid me' etc etc.

Come on guys, it's not that bad!

I personally don't find Starbucks to be the best (it's pretty overpriced for what is about 'average' premium coffee), but there's no need to be that silly about it, it's still perfectly pallatable and they must be doing something right to be in business.

Out of the mainstream coffee places, (Costa, Cafe Nero, Starbucks etc), they're all much of a muchness to me. Perhaps Costa is one of the better of these?

There's a pleasant Cafe Rouge in Strand-on-the-green in Chiswick (miles away from Central London obviously), and I've always found the easy parking (no meters), nice riverside location, relaxed atmosphere and great coffee a good combination :) It's not just about the coffee for me, I find many places far too busy for my liking and you just need 15-30 mins to relax or talk with people etc - no good if you're squeezed on the end of a sticky table with people knocking into your chair and constant noise etc.

Still not sure that I'd trek all over London just for a Starbucks though, just tell her that the nearest one is the best ;)

Will

I'm partial to a Starbucks/Costa too. I'm sure there's better out there somewhere, but not in a shopping centre, high street or motorway service station near me there's not.

A few years ago, in Chester there was a real coffee shop where you could have a choice of many varieties of roasted beans and the like.
The aroma wafting out was unbelievable. I often imagined myself sitting there reading a newspaper and just chilling out, the weird thing is I don`t like coffee or maybe it doesn`t get along with my palate.

I like starbucks for its consistancy. I get step off a plane anywhere and get pretty much the same coffee for just about the same price :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom