stargard and jet washing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

latent

Car
C 220 Coupe AMG sport
My new MB will come with Stargard (which I know has mixed reviews, but I'm getting it 'free') What about using hand car washing services? are jet washers safe or will it ruin the Stargard?

Jet washing itself isn't likely to "damage" the starguard but the TFR they use could well strip it off the paintwork if used in the wrong concentrations

I'm not so sure Stargard offers you anything at all. Just assume it isnt there and carry on as normal.

As for hand washing services... this depends on what you mean. If you are asking whether you should get your car washed by 'scratchit and acid' at your local supermarket when you shop then you will undoubtedly damage your car by doing so.

Personally I wouldnt use any hand car wash as unless you are willing to spend significant amounts of money with a reputable detailer the job will not be done to my satisfaction. I wont even let Mercedes wash my car as I know they don't even use a two bucket method.

Stargard certainly provided a slick surface on my C270 and remained so for at least 2yrs. I always followed the care instructions.

I don't think I would have paid to have it done but as it was a "sweetener" in the purchase deal, why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom