Starguard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moggymog

Car
BMW 535D F11 M-Sport
I'm getting my new Mercedes on Wednesday and was wondering what peoples views are on Starguard?

I understand how it works but was wondering if it works as well as they say and if it's worth the money??

Emperor's clothes. To be fair its actually not bad if applied properly but to be honest 9/10 it isn't. They will tell you their guy is trained and amazing but rarely is that the truth. You'd be far better off giving that money to a detailer near you and getting him to do a proper detail as that would protect your car far better and also be less money.
If you can polish and wax a car then may I suggest buying Lime Prime Lite (£14 or so) and some Collinite 476s (£17 or so) and polishing it with the Lime Prime and then Waxing it with the Collinite. Collinite is extremely durable and will easily last 6months. If you have a garage then leave it overnight after your 1st application of Collinite and then do another the next day and the results are amazing. Also this will protect as well as, if not better than, Stargard.

Last edited:
I'm getting my new Mercedes on Wednesday and was wondering what peoples views are on Starguard?

I understand how it works but was wondering if it works as well as they say and if it's worth the money??

It's usually something like a £299 or £249 or £349 option depending on what the dealer thinks you'll cough for.

The usual advice is that at those sorts of prices its a means of the dealer significantly bumping up their margin on the deal (along with GAP insurance and tyre insurance).

If you really want it then try and get it thrown in the deal. Best time to do that is just prior to committing to the purchase - not after.

Got it thrown in with the GL and it worked pretty well to be fair but after I noticed it not beading so well I just used other stuff similar to what I do to my E-Class, the lime stuff in the kit is pretty good for dissolving dried on bugs though but not sure it is worth what it all costs.

Hi,have a look on ebay. Bought a full set including carpet,leather,alloy cleaner,and of course the paint treatment. As already said, not bad kit. Paid roughly £44 plus change.

Thank for the comments guys, I've decided to drop it down to a local detailer - thanks for the link lordlee.
I know I could have done it myself but it's a case of finding the time at the minute and at least they know what they are doing.

Thank for the comments guys, I've decided to drop it down to a local detailer - thanks for the link lordlee.
I know I could have done it myself but it's a case of finding the time at the minute and at least they know what they are doing.

I can assure you that you will be far happier with the results this way. We need pics though of when its done!

I can assure you that you will be far happier with the results this way. We need pics though of when its done!

I think that goes without saying - getting excited now. Only thing is I get it on Wednesday and then it goes in to the detailers on Thursday :doh:

:thumb: Now that's something to look forward to - nice to see what a bit of elbow grease and the right products can do......almost a shame to drive it on the filthy roads!!

Star Guard

Hi Im new to the site.
can I ask a question regarding the star guard
I have just purchased my new C class 250D.
Part of my deal was that they would throw in the star guard for free.
The main dealer says it was applied but all I got was a sticker on the car and the price shown on the detailed order form for the car.
I phoned the dealer asking if I get paperwork and any after care kit and advice. He says their should have been an after care kit with the car and he will order it one as it must have been over looked.
Can anyone tell me if I should get a certificate etc to say it was applied.
Kind Regard's
Ged

Hi Im new to the site.
can I ask a question regarding the star guard
I have just purchased my new C class 250D.
Part of my deal was that they would throw in the star guard for free.
The main dealer says it was applied but all I got was a sticker on the car and the price shown on the detailed order form for the car.
I phoned the dealer asking if I get paperwork and any after care kit and advice. He says their should have been an after care kit with the car and he will order it one as it must have been over looked.
Can anyone tell me if I should get a certificate etc to say it was applied.
Kind Regard's
Ged

Exactly the same situation with me when I Picked mine up on the 1 April, no After Care Kit, I had to ask for it and although the Bonnet was all shiny, I think the rest of my car hadn't been treated.

There isn't a Certificate! the sticker is all you get!

Nice Car by the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom