Start problems and lack of power. Fuel problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Viruslover

Car
W211 E200K 2005 123' km
Hi there

I've had a problem for a while with my car, and seems like no dealers have managed to find out yet :(

Every morning when I start it, it cranks for a few times before starting and idle is a bit high and takes time to go down to 900-1000 but then it moves slightly up and down. Veeery slightly. Very rarely, the engine has one big misfire or something on cold start.
You can really feel it when you sit in the seat.

The engine runs smooth and it doesnt lag or jerks, but it has really lost power. I can kickdown and it goes very slow forward compared to a year ago. Gas mileage is also worse

My friend said it came gas smell from the hood on warm starts.

When the car is warm it cranks a lot before it wants to start.

I have a tick sound from the engine, rear part of the engine. I hear it best when the car is warmed up.

The dealers have digged deep looking for fault codes and printed me some paper showing that there is absolutely no code stored at all. Im so ******, i really wish it would throw a code. The dealers say this car is full of sensors everywhere and if it it was something wrong with the engine it would easily throw a code...

As far as I know they havent tested the fuel delivery system.

Engine also sounds louder than it did before when it ran like a champ. It has been low on power for a year now and im really tired of it :(

Can a bad battery or alternator cause engine-power problems in the car too? Other weird symptom is if I start it while its warm the tachometer takes almost 2 seconds after the engine has started to run before it jumps up to idle speed and i have a "brrrrrr" sound for a second after it starts to read. It looks and sounds really weird and NOT normal at all.

It seems most bad at lower rpm because on the highway it speeds up pretty fast if I drive in 80mph if i kickdown to speed up to maybe 100 mph.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thor :)

Last edited:
Are you in the UK Thor?
I ask as it sounds like you need a Merc indi' to look your car over.
I'm wondering if you have a blocked cat, going on your symptom of misfire, low power and gas smell.
You may also have a failing Crank sensor if its difficult to start from warm.
Let us know your location so someone may be able to point you toward a good mechanic to sort your problems out.

hi AMGeed!

no im not in the UK now. i visitied Scotland in august though, rented an MB A220 CDI and was all across scotland hehe.

the last days its been very heavy rain and moist outside.
my car actually has much more response when its rainy. i drove the usual highway strip to work tonight, and on the acceleration field my car picked up speed like it hasnt done for a long time. it has usually been very slow for a long time on that acceleration field.

and up further on the highway it had very good throttle response in 5th gear. could just push gently and it picked up good speed from 50 mph and upwards. very strange. i still had this very slightly up n down idle at cold start in my parking lot before driving off to work.

im sorry for my confusing posts here, cant be easy to get an idea of whats wrong with my car i guess.

no good indies in my area as far as i know of, ive heard of one in Oslo so maybe i can try and search him up. i have this car workshop who call themselves only "bosch car service" or something. maybe they can do technical tests on the car but im quite pessimistic about the thought. but maybe ill try one day.

i will drive it in an hour as my night shift ends and the weather is still terrible

What car is it?

^Going by his profile, an E55K Olly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom