Start/Stop Button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheChief68

Car
ML350 BlueTec AMG Sport 4-Matic
I have a 2014 ML can anyone tell me if the start/stop button is just a simple plug n play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking to replace the button because you think it might be faulty?

If so then (a) if it's part of a panel of switches then the entire panel needs to be swapped i.e. you can't replace just one button, and yes it's a simple swap no coding needed, (b) the button is rarely at fault, if it seems inoperative then usually there's an issue with the Stop/Start elsewhere, the fault codes need to be read.

Thanks for that I’ve never had a stop/start button in it but was told that if I had code 889 on the build spec it would work. Then someone else told me this wasn’t the case and you could pop it in and it will work ?????

If you have keyless entry like our 2015 E63 had but apparently didn’t have keyless go you may be in the same hopeful boat.
I bought a start button from the dealer, plugged it in and hey presto I had keyless go

Not sure if it ever had keyless go but for all the cost of the button I may give it a go thanks for the help

Not sure if it ever had keyless go but for all the cost of the button I may give it a go thanks for the help

If you post your VIN number someone will confirm if you have it.

Are you looking to replace the button because you think it might be faulty?

If so then (a) if it's part of a panel of switches then the entire panel needs to be swapped i.e. you can't replace just one button, and yes it's a simple swap no coding needed, (b) the button is rarely at fault, if it seems inoperative then usually there's an issue with the Stop/Start elsewhere, the fault codes need to be read.

Ah... I misunderstood. You mean the Start/Stop button from the Keyless Go... not the ECO button from the Stop/Start.... :doh:

Last edited:
If you don't have keyless go, buying a button is wasting your money. It won't work.

Can you open the door by touching the inside of the handle with the fob in your pocket?
If you can, you have KG/entry and a button will work.

Thanks for that I’ve never had a stop/start button in it but was told that if I had code 889 on the build spec it would work. Then someone else told me this wasn’t the case and you could pop it in and it will work ?????

The person who told you about Option889 is correct

If you don't have keyless go, buying a button is wasting your money. It won't work.

Can you open the door by touching the inside of the handle with the fob in your pocket?
If you can, you have KG/entry and a button will work.
Exactly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom