Start/Stop Linked to Timing Chain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone chance someone can post a picture of the location of this 7.5a fuse in the w204 please?
I haven't got a picture but the fuse is next to the auxiliary battery in the boot,find that and then its the only fuse there in a single fuse holder.

You're a fan then? :p

After possibly being the first in the UK to remove the 7.5A fuse several months later I went the whole hog as no longer had a use .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well that is some garage the op is using,sir your flywheel needs changing on your auto car,best advice find a indy near you.

I think that if I had a car that was running perfectly with over 215,000 miles on the clock, I would not change anything but just keep on doing what I have been doing all along.

Well that is some garage the op is using,sir your flywheel needs changing on your auto car,best advice find a indy near you.
What do mean with this?

I think that if I had a car that was running perfectly with over 215,000 miles on the clock, I would not change anything but just keep on doing what I have been doing all along.
Yeah, I guess, It seems to work:). It's just that I've never had a car last this long and I'm just worried that things will go wrong as I am very dependant on the car. I guess it's just my ears have sharpened to listen for literally anything abnormal. I'm so happy with the car though. May it last another 215,000 miles😅

Well I was referring to post 16,after that I was suggesting to remove yourself and the car a long way from that garage,that tells you the flywheel is making a noise in a auto car ;)

I wonder how much extra fuel the OP’s car would have burned over the last 215,000 miles without a functioning stop start system?

Might only be a few minutes per journey but you can bet it adds up.

The savings may well pay for a new timing chain and tensioner if required...just a thought ;)

I wonder how much extra fuel the OP’s car would have burned over the last 215,000 miles without a functioning stop start system?

The savings may well pay for a new timing chain and tensioner if required...just a thought ;)
It’s not even a massive cost these days for the type of job (subjective I know) - the cost inc labour to get a genuine timing chain, tensioner and 2x cam sprockets fitted cost me around £720. :)

IMO that’s not bad for the job - most cars are still using timing belts which need scheduled changes (e.g. Audi TDi) and these end up costing similar! :)

Well I was referring to post 16,after that I was suggesting to remove yourself and the car a long way from that garage,that tells you the flywheel is making a noise in a auto car ;)
Oh ok, sorry. I definitely will😂. They have said a lot of things now that are 'on their way out' but showed no evidence for this and I could never hear any of the sounds they mentioned. The funny thing was about half a year ago they said the torque converter was going to break soon and now the flywheel. Torque converter + Dual Mass Flywheel = Lies

You might actually have a point. Could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom