Starter Problem R129 1991

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MIGELITO 60

Car
mercedes sl500 1991 ML430 2001
Hi,i have recently recharged my battery and after reconnecting the roll bar came up of its own volition i have windows lights and heating can lock by remote i have all lights flashing when key in position two car will not start can anyone help also red light for top lights up when key in P2:fail

“after reconnecting the roll bar? came up of its own volition
Can you explain the above?

Is your key like the one in picture?
What lights are flashing?...Red & Green on the mirror or outside hazard / indicator lights?
Are the lights flashing ALTERNATLEY or TOGEATHER?

KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

Dec

Hi Dec yes my key is the same as shown batteries are fine the flashing lights are all on the dash however when key in P2 I HAVE NO GAUGES AND NOW NOTHING AT ALL ABSOLUTELY NO POWER

Also check the car battery cable connections and any small cables at the Positive+ terminal, ensure all are clean and tight.

Dec

All I can suggest is disconnecting the battery and going through all the fuses methodically replacing any you have blown. If you are very lucky you have got away with a few blown fuses- Unfortunately you may have damaged some of the car's electronic units- hard to tell. You can then try reconnecting the battery the correct way round and see what still works. If you still have problems after that its a question of finding a good mechanic/auto electrician familiar with your model of car. This is important many modern MB dealers wont have the necessary experience on these older modelssuch as the R129.

All I can suggest is disconnecting the battery and going through all the fuses methodically replacing any you have blown. If you are very lucky you have got away with a few blown fuses- Unfortunately you may have damaged some of the car's electronic units- hard to tell. You can then try reconnecting the battery the correct way round and see what still works. If you still have problems after that its a question of finding a good mechanic/auto electrician familiar with your model of car. This is important many modern MB dealers wont have the necessary experience on these older modelssuch as the R129.
Thanks Grober,after reconnecting i had lights,door lights,mirrors heating and central locking by fob,will recharge battery put it on the right way this time with my glasses on,and see which lights come on,once again thankyou very much,have also contacted Just Answer as you suggested,awaiting reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom