Starting problem, may be immobiliser? ML270 w163 2004

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimE

Car
2006 ML320 CDI
Hi guys sorry if this is in the wrong section but I don't know where it should be...
I parked the car on the drive after work yesterday and today it wont start. Unlocks as normal, put the key in and it fires up then dies within seconds or else it turns over and doesn't fire. I work in the NHS in my local A&E so need to get to the bottom of this fairly quickly? At the moment I am going ot have to get it trailered to the garage and leave it with them unless there are things you guys can suggest I check? Battery has been on charge all day so its not a flat battery, I am thinking ignition fault or transponder?
Can anyone out help a poor NHS worker?

Jim

Insufficient fuel pressure, probably due to air ingress in low pressure lines or injectors are leaking too much back to tanks lines. Injector leak test pretty easy DIY, low pressure line fault can be diagnosed by seeing are air bubbles running in 'clear lines'.

solved... for the moment anyway.. I removed and checked all the fuses, checked all relays were in properly and it started first time and kept running, I'll take it for a spin tonight as have to go chemist so hopefully it'll be ok. Maybe something was just loose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom