Starting problem s320cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busaboy

Car
s class
Hi all, I hope someone can help!!!!!!
I have a s class 320cdi 2007 I have owned it for 18 months it had an engine rebuild 10000 miles ago, it had a new starter motor at the same time, no problems since until about a week ago, the car didn't want to change gear I tried to change from comfort mode to all the other options but the only way I cured it was to stop switch off & back on again, then a couple of days later I started the car & it was running on a couple of cylinders, called out the AA but the car started & run perfect!!!! then a couple of days on & tried to start the car but it wouldn't turn over I had all the lights on but no cranking, I left it for a few hours & it started, but when I drove it the car appeared as though the clutch was slipping, I called out Mercedes who checked everything with their diagnostics & all it showed was a drop in voltage on many occasions they checked the battery & although it was the wrong one (75ah not 95ah) the cattery was holding a perfect charge, he advised me that I should get a new key, he cleared all faults & the drove fine, then when I went to drive it to the dealer to order a new key I got the same feeling like the clutch was slipping again but \I now had the engine management light on, I got to the dealer tried the car with the new key & bingo it drover prefect & the engine management light went out, I got home & went to use the car about 4 hours later & it wouldn't start again no cranking but all lights on, I went back to it this morning & it started first time, does anyone have a clue what this might be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, I hope someone can help!
I have a s class 320cdi 2007, I have owned it for 18 months. It had an engine rebuild 10000 miles ago, and a new starter motor at the same time.

No problems since until about a week ago, the car didn't want to change gear. I tried to change from comfort mode to all the other options but the only way I cured it was to stop, switch off & back on again. Then a couple of days later I started the car & it was running on a couple of cylinders, called out the AA but the car started & run perfect.

Then a couple of days on & tried to start the car but it wouldn't turn over. I had all the lights on but no cranking, I left it for a few hours & it started, but when I drove it the car appeared as though the clutch was slipping. I called out Mercedes who checked everything with their diagnostics & all it showed was a drop in voltage on many occasions. They checked the battery & although it was the wrong one (75ah not 95ah) the battery was holding a perfect charge. He advised me that I should get a new key, he cleared all faults & the drove fine, then when I went to drive it to the dealer to order a new key I got the same feeling like the clutch was slipping again, but now had the engine management light on.

I got to the dealer, tried the car with the new key & bingo it drover prefect & the engine management light went out, I got home & went to use the car about 4 hours later & it wouldn't start again no cranking but all lights on, I went back to it this morning & it started first time, does anyone have a clue what this might be!

Yes, a horrible case of missing punctuation. Now that's fixed we can begin troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom