Starting to hate the UK weather! Anyone else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nat

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55, 911t, 3dr Cosworth, MT 10.
Maybe it's a case of lockdown blues and unable to do our regular holidays in the sun when we want but I'm really starting to hate the weather here.

With the way house prices are at the moment I'm seriously thinking of selling up and moving to somewhere warmer. We'd do well on the house we're in, then cashing out the cars, bar one. That should leave enough for a place to buy here and one abroad. Maybe Spain or Portugal.

Luckily my wife agrees with me. I seriously hate the cold.

it has been an abysmal Spring .. cold, windy and wet.

first time in over 20 years I turned on central heating in May.

Spring 2020 was glorious, weather wise

Maybe it's a case of lockdown blues and unable to do our regular holidays in the sun when we want but I'm really starting to hate the weather here.

With the way house prices are at the moment I'm seriously thinking of selling up and moving to somewhere warmer. We'd do well on the house we're in, then cashing out the cars, bar one. That should leave enough for a place to buy here and one abroad. Maybe Spain or Portugal.

Luckily my wife agrees with me. I seriously hate the cold.

Agreed
I don't do the cold, or the wet, or the dark, or snow.
I was born in Berkshire, way too far North.
I should live in Gibraltar; British Bobbies, drive on the left and warm weather
(I'm going to ignore the Apes and the Spanish politics)

Same as last year April was nice and dry. The last 2 weeks have been dark clouds and heavy showers. Not great for building work which can be a pest.

However, I’m not a lover of the summer either. Even the Uk heat cripples me especially when I’m grafting, makes me feel poorly.

My fav time of year by far is winter. I operate and function far better in cooler temps to the extent I fantasise about moving to a much cooler climate.

So you could say I also hate the UK weather but for very different reasons. 🥴

But I thought global warming was going to get to us all ? ☀️😎
WARMER WILL OFTEN MEAN WETTER IN TEMPERATE ZONES- INITIALLY AT LEAST -- BASIC METEOROLOGY = A FEW DEGREES WARMER BUT PISSING RAIN.
29387.jpg

I’m not a lover of the summer either. Even the Uk heat cripples me especially when I’m grafting, makes me feel poorly.

My fav time of year by far is winter. I operate and function far better in cooler temps to the extent I fantasise about moving to a much cooler climate.

So you could say I also hate the UK weather but for very different reasons. 🥴

I'm with you. I don't mind anything above, say 28 degrees as long as I have a pool close by, can walk into an air conditioned property and have a a beer in my hand.

In London, however, I don't have a pool and neither do I have a/c which is especially sh*t at night. Or when I'm working from home in lockdown. I end up with two or three fans on max in a futile attempt to defeat the heat and humidity enough to let me be able to concentrate on and understand a spreadsheet.

I guess my ideal summer would be sunny and relatively dry during the day (say 28 degrees) but not so dry that it kills my garden and all my pot plants. Then I'd like it to be and nice and chilly at night - say, after 10pm. I sleep much better when it's cold.

Oops , meant to say so is my lawn ( it's AstroTurf ) 😂😂😂😂

When i did my O level French exam in 1975 there was a spoken part and one of the questions was “why do the English always discuss the weather?”

i can still remember my pre-prepared answer......please forgive the poor french spelling after nearly fifty years

“par-ce-que le temps changement beaucoup de jour en jour ce qu’il facilement devien le sujet de conversation. “

A tribute to learning parrot fashion.

Last month’s weather was superb. Hot days and cool nights.

English weather has always been changeable. I see no evidence of so called climate change.

Sat on a veranda in North Sweden drinking beer in 20°c+, and watching the melted snow tumble down the river underneath us.
Weather is great.

Well try Colorado!
T/V

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom