Staying in Windsor for the W/E in four weeks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ALFIE CONN

I have never been to this lovely side of London before, was wondering if anybody has some advice on places to visit etc?
We would also be looking to eat at a nice Restaurant on the Sunday afternoon.

We are staying in the Oakley Court Hotel, anyone stayed here or know anything about it?
Thanks.

Don't know much about the hotel itself other than its a nice river side hotel - castle looking with big expanses of grass down to the Thames.

if its weather like this maybe the hotel has a boat you could take for a ride?

If you are in a car - Windsor is very touristy, Henley or Marlow are nicer Thames towns.

Eton might be worth a look ....Dont know if they have tours?

Bray is very posh and the Waterside Inn is one of the best restaurants i've ever eaten in but reckon on 100 notes a head. Would avoid the Fat Duck !!

Might be worth a trip to a bookshop to have a gander through the pub recommedations for Windsor - there must be a nice country lane one somewhere... my knowledge runs out i'm afraid.

Last edited:
From Oakley court you will have to drive into Windsor, park in the King Edward park (the others are a lot more money), there is plenty to do and see even if its raining as some of it is under cover. Plenty of places for lunch and the tourist thing is not that bad. You could have lunch at http://www.awtrestaurants.com/windsor/ also that side of windsor has a more local feel.

I've stayed at the Oakley Court Hotel. It was the "castle" in the Rocky Horror Picture Show but not a lot of people know that. Nice hotel, nice views and a river boat to take you into Windsor.

Tromppost - I'd heard that the Windsor AWT restaurant had closed.

Alfie Conn - there's a much more reasonably priced restaurant in Bray than the Waterside or the Fat Duck AND the food is very good - the Hind's Head is owned by Heston Blumenthal and is just across the road from the Fat Duck - no Norovirus either!

I can recomend the Heart and Garter Hotel, they do a great british food menu worth looking at.

In Windsor you can walk about for an hour, pop to the Castle, walk around the Great Park, Saville Gardens down the road if thats your thing.

Loads to do, just PM me with what you like and I can get a few ideas for you.

Cheers Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom