stealership time zone?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy_k

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa GTV 3.0
are these guys from another planet or what.

Just seen a copy of the estimate the stealers submitted to my insurance company.........

replace twin reel blind - thats the load bay cover/dog guard in the estates - labour time = 30 minutes

actual time to do the job - 2 minutes or less it just slides onto 2 clips - it takes me less than 30 seconds to remove/replace this item.

What's really annoying is that this is a £500 part which if I was to buy as a customer they would not only allow me a discount but would no doubt fit it for free whilst I waited rather than charging full retail price and adding £30 to fit!!!!

remove and replace rear window and fit new trim - labour time = 2 hours 40 minutes

actual time to do the job - realistically speaking 15 minutes to remove the glass and about 20 to refit with a new trim and test rear wiper/check for leaks. Bizarrely enough they will probably call autoglass in to do the job according to the autoglass fitter anyway and he did the entire replacement (including cleaning out all the broken glass from the rubber seal) in 40 minutes :)

They also quoted the job at "full rate" not allowing the discount on either labour or parts for older cars which they clearly advertise.

add to that the quote of £100 for a valet they normally charge £75 for (as advertised in the service department)

Needless to say I'll be talking to the insurance company in the morning :)

Andy

we don't call 'em "stealerships" for nothing :D

I know Stealerships have overheads but bl**dly hell,thats taking the micky or something!! Andy, would be interested to hear what the insurance co have to say.:devil:

my thoughts exactly on the insurance premium thing - dealers inflate prices - we end up paying for it.

the insurance company have assured me they will contest the labour charges based on what we have told them so that's at least some consolation.

Andy

times are usually taken from a industry standard book for doing each job, Mates bodyshop has a program which allocates a time from this standard automatically for each job even tho it only takes a few minutes!

this way all in all insurance companies know if they are being ripped off or not by refering to the book!

although many times, as in this case its to the garages advantage

Originally posted by Alps
although many times, as in this case its to the garages advantage
When my exhaust manifold cracked it took them a day to replace it. I saw on the invoice I was only charged for 2.2 hours, I asked how long it really took and I was told more like 5 hours, but because the "book" said 2.2 that's all they could charge me. I guess it's not always to their advantage.

At least **** Turpin wore a mask:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom