Stealing a valve cap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark.t

Banned
Car
E300 td tomtom sat nav in car dvd
just been shopping (well holding the trolly) at b&q some barstool has robbed off with one of my chrome dust caps, i have a feeling it was a bloke in a rover 75 zt he was looking at my car as i pulled in...... in silver sod these rover drivers common thieves all of em :rolleyes:

next stop Halfords >>>

I always keep spares for that very reason - kids usually from where I park at work. But I coul dnevr get the ones with the Mb star on.

caps

had one in the boot i buy from frosts in rochdale £5 for 5 chrome caps

This might be hard to believe but they only cost 20p each from the stealership. I have already had one set stolen.

Dave

VIZ Top Tip.

Write your vehicle vin number in a discreet place on each cap to assist the police in reuniting you with your property, when they apprehend these Villains.

viz top tip

if chokeing on ice cube drink boiling water to remove object :D

Viz Top Tip

Prevent theives from stealing your Crooklock from your car, by attaching one end to the Brake pedal and the other to your steering wheel.

viz top tip

to prevent dust caps being stolen - park your car in a secure garage :D :D

joking aside - I had a set nicked - not pleasant - so I opted for the lockable ones, chrome, with a MB star on it - they are cool. Just a pain if you got to fill the tyre pressure in the rain!!! LOL

A few years ago, I bought a set of these metal caps which were tightened with a spanner which was included in the 'kit'.

A while afterwards, I went to check the tyre pressures and they had all rusted onto the valve stems. After trying penetrating oil, three came undone, but one refused to budge. The local tyre company had a go, but the vave ripped under the torque of trying to remove it, so it was tyre off and new Valve.

Top Tip

If you are fitting Chrome caps, put a smear of grease on the thread before you fit them.

had my caps stolen this week,feel it might be a member of this forum ,yes a neighbour...might name and shame if they dont re appear...lol

mercmanuk said:
had my caps stolen this week,feel it might be a member of this forum ,yes a neighbour...might name and shame if they dont re appear...lol

:devil: :devil: :devil:

mystery MISSING valve caps

i believe this member (and neighbour) is part of an elaborate sting has probably taken and hid his own valve caps :eek: as a cover story for my MISSING valve caps, so i would not look in his direction very clever mister bazzz(must check e-bay ) :D

hey up, valve cap nickers on the rampage in Alky ... I'd best swap mine for plastic ones for a bit - just to be safe .. ;)

Looked at my car last night, some barsteward has taken the liberty of borrowing, for keeps, my Mb valve caps. Suspect that they were borrowed while the wife was at work, waiting now for CCTV footage of the borrower. I hope I recognise him / her. :mad: :mad:

:eek: ickle g*ts :mad: hope you get 'em Ian :bannana:

Having previosuly had to have to my valves cut and replaced as my metal dust caps corroded on - my nice AMG badged (fake) ones got hijacked by, I suspect, one of the 5ft herberts in Sainsbury's car park Coventry whileI was only in there briefly. Should have gone looking for the one with brake dust on thier hands but, hey, their mountain bike will look class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom