Stealth Taxes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wish I had a scanner but I don't.

I got a letter today from Borough Council.

Dear Sir/Madam
This letter has been sent to our key suppliers. Please do not ignore this letter, as doing so will affect our ability to do business with you.

goes on for a page about e-procurement then this.

the ordering system is provided by our chosen e-commerce partner @UKPLC.

the rest goes on about how fantastic this will be for me. So I go along to @UKPLC and they tell me I HAVE to buy hosting and a website from them.

No i say, 20 mins later still saying no they say I can buy a link to my site if I pay by DD per month. I can not tell you how angered I am. FSB will be involved before weekends out.

jeremytaylor said:
Speaking as a surveyor, I really cannot see this tax ever working. It will never be trusted by purchasers or their lenders and will rapidly become a worthless piece of paper. Not that I think it will get that far. I think there will never be enough 'Home Inspectors' to do the job, and the whole scheme will be shelved at the last minute. All the independant surveyors I speak to are sitting on the fence with this expectation, it is only the corporates who are being forced to get trained.

And then there's the HMO registration ...

Let's hope so, eh? An A-day style U-turn would be most welcome!

zooman said:
the rest goes on about how fantastic this will be for me. So I go along to @UKPLC and they tell me I HAVE to buy hosting and a website from them.

QUOTE]

That sounds anti-competitive and a restrictive of trade to me. Letter to the Office of Fair trading & Local Government Ombudsman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom