Steam coming from bonnet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackie c200

I noticed that steam come out from the top of the bonnet whenever I drive the car during cold weather. When this happened, temperature gauge on the car is below 90 degree and I have checked my coolant but it is still on the top level thus eliminating overheating (when the engine is cold) and this never happened during warm or hot day. I don't see it happened to other car as far as I can notice. Not long ago I took a ride in my friend toyota and the same thing happened as well. Any one had exprienced this before or any one can explain what actually happened ? Should I worry about this situation ?

Thanks.

My 230 does this too,is your heat shield missing off the exhaust manifold? Is it the right hand side of the bonnet that steams?

Probably just condensation on radiator fins getting boiled off when thermostat fully opens and hot water goes thru radiator, or water on outside of hood evaporating when engine warms up.

Bazzle

I can't remember which part of the bonnet that the steams came out from. If I am nt mistaken, it is in the middle of the car. Should I be worried about the situation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom