stearing stiff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steven dryden

Car
cl500
My cl500 was put into garage to have front break pipe changed and inside ball joint changed when he was doing front break pipe he took the two black reservoirs off he says had to take off to do break pipe is this right got car back stearing feels a bit stiff any ideas

Thats for abc and steering
They supply tandem pump
Make sure the level is correct and they topped up with correct fluid
Gosh they have to be careful with that
You trust them at all? I mean are they good with mercs?

Was a bit low its been topped up its not tight tight but can feel the difference from it went in

Purge any remaining air from the system by turning the steering from lock to lock a few times with the reservoir lid off, then top up.

Loose pipe put back on feels better but still a little tight its ok when I start car can move it around very light nut when I drive off and turn seems to ho a little bit tighter not loads but van notice it

Maybe it just needs to settle down a bit? - Glad they sorted it for you by tightening the pipe.

try to bleed again and oil on floor again sick going to have to make sure i go to different garage for some reason they changed the clips on the pipes and put jubilee clips on no idea why so lifted car up oil was at correct level did 20 turns looked at front of car oil all over floor am i doing something wrong

forgot to sat they fitted a new ball joint could that have anything to do with the stearing not being right

Power steering pipes handle pretty high pressures and use specially crimped ends. I would doubt very much that jubilee clips handle that kind of pressure.

so do you think that could be the reason

Well if it's pumping fluid out all over the place I would think so. The garage your using could be the problem,you need to find a good MB indi. Where are you located?

ok seems ok when driving it may not be but never had problems till he took them off then put them back stearing feels ok until you try full lock so get the clips put back then go from there then

Had it into garage they have looked at it they have bled the pump still light when I start the car move stearing but soon as I drive it it tightened up Amy help anyone is there a speed sensor on the stearing rack

The CL has speed-sensitive "parameter" steering but the signal comes from the ABS sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom