Steel wheels for 2003 W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

connashio1

Car
W211 320CDI estate
HI all,

I'm trying to find some steel rims on which to mount winter tires. I've had no joy searching for W211 rims, just wondering if anyone has had success with steel rims from a C class or maybe something non-Merc?

Thanks, Paul

You're probably better off looking for a set of used alloys to be honest. 211-specific steel wheels will be very rare here as we don't have mandated snow tyres, and will be more expensive to buy new.

You'll struggle to find a set from another Mercedes (or anything else) for the reasons above - anything that might have had them as standard fit aren't likely to be suitable size/PCD/bolt size (except possibly Vito wheels?), and you can't spigot ring steels as easily.

Where are you located? I have a nice set of 16" W/S204 MB alloys I'm ready to part with for not a lot, bought as winter wheels but only used one season, tyres are winters with lots of tread but manufacturing date is well over 6 years ago and the top one on the stack is showing microcracking on the sidewall so tyres would need replacing. I'm 8 miles from J9 M20, they're too heavy for me to pack and courier so would have to be collected. Would come with the wheel stacking thing they sit on when not in use.

Looking at photos I have, I think they're these :
16" Mercedes 7 Spoke wheels in 9765 Titanium Silver - Alloy Wheels Direct (128610), 7J x 16 ET43,, whereas for W211 the site shows 16" Mercedes 7 Spoke wheels in 9765 Titanium Silver - Alloy Wheels Direct (43662) 7J x 16 ET33 so mine would IIRC sit 10mm further inside the wheel arches.
Needless to say I'd not be looking for anything like these prices - roughly 1/4 of them instead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom