Steering adjustment broken CLK230

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnboyinsole

Car
W208 CLK 230k Avantgarde
Hi everyone,

I've just bought a used CLK230 (W208) and so far pleased with it. Whilst playing with the toys, I noticed that I can't adjust the steering wheel. When I pull the lever under the steering column, it just wont let me adjust the wheel no matter how hard I try. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also driver's seat sounds like it has something loose inside of it and bangs against the side of the seat sometimes. It's not doing any harm but it's a little annoying. I have part electrical adjustment, part manual. Perhaps it's something to do with the lumbar support?

Any advise is most welcome.

Hi,
Regarding the steering wheel adjustment, slide lever down, it will lock in the down position, push/pull the wheel till its adjusted to suit, push lever down this will release it and it will go back to the lock position.
Be aware the wheel is only adjustable for reach and not rake.

Hello there,i too have a clk and i cant adjust the steering reach,when i pull the lever it wont move,how was your problem fixed?,many thanks in advance.

Best Regards Mark.

Hi Mark,
It was actually a problem with strength on my part. I had to pull that extra bit harder on the wheel and it moved. Now when I adjust it, it's really easy. It must not have been adjusted for a while and so was sticking a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom