Steering angle sensor or speed sensor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

didi w203

Car
merc C220 cdi w203 Coupe
As above and would this come up as a fault if the tracking is out?
I had my car on a snap on solus and a launch today and it picked up on the steering angle sensor. Esp error was on, not yellow light, just in the display.. reset everything and no go. Did a lock to lock still no go.
Started the car went for a drive and esp gone and cruise control working again.

Esp error only comes on when raining or damp like today..sun comes out everything works. Worked fine on Saturday as sun was out. finks possible crack on a speed sensor?

Would like everything working by end of May, it's going in two weeks to get rust sorted and stereo and sub going in along with tinting windows myself.

Any ideas anyone?

Had an issue on an A class I had where the ESP light would come on after about ten minutes. Turned out to be the tracking. The tracking itself was technically ok, but it had been done with the steering wheel off centre so the steering angle sensor was effectively misaligned. Got it re-tracked by someone who understands steering angle sensors and never had a problem again.

Cheers dinizulu..I have a few mates who are very good at tracking....will give it a go after respray. Hopefully it sorts it but can you explain why esp comes on in damp / rainy weather even if tracking is out? .im thinking condensation on a wheel sensor but will defo give tracking a go as I think it's out bout 3mm, , steering wheel is slightly to the left.

There may be gunk in the castellated ring that's giving false readings when it gets wet. I'd have a go at cleaning those out.

When the wheel alignment gets done they need to make sure the steering wheel is dead centre then adjust the wheels to match. Sounds obvious but many places don't worry about the steering wheel position.

Cheers again.
I know what you mean. I worked in the tyre trade years ago and my tracking was always spot on. Will see my mate if i can use his four poster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom