Steering column adjustment faulty S204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bcsmith

Car
C63 estate
Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted before but just want to know if easy fix or not. In my recently purchased S204 c63 I can adjust the steering column forwards and backwards but not up and down. This also means when I get out of the car the steering wheel doesn’t move and nor do the seats (not sure if the seats should move) as part of the easy entry/exit function. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so how did you fix it. Also when I bought the car it came with an RAC warranty, platinum cover I think, I’d this the sort of issue that is normally covered under warranty?

Thanks

Try this as I have this problem now & again. I extend the steering wheel until it is all the way out, hold the electric adjuster in the down position & pull on the steering wheel in an up and down motion until it frees itself & adjusts up & down electrically. I found out how to do it on a US MB forum.

Thanks GillyC63 that worked a treat after some wiggling in the full out position. Also moves now as part of the easy entry/exit.
Thanks for your help.

I have heard anecdotal 'evidence' that this fault can sometimes occur when the driver lifts himself out of the car by holding the steering wheel when it is still moving up out of the way causing damage to the mechanism. I was warned off using this feature on a 2006 car with 100K on the clock, but I have ignored that advice and 49K miles and a few years later the wheel still moves away smoothly, I just don't hang on to it when its in motion.

P.S my driver seat does not move back automatically either.

That seems a logical explanation as to why the system breaks. I’ll make sure I don’t do that.
As I’m new to the car I wasn’t sure if the driver seat should have moved as well, but my car hasn’t got that feature in the settings menu, (If it is even a feature in this model). Thanks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom