Steering is hard/stiff 220 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jose88440

Car
Mercedes benz c class 220 cdi
Power steering problem. The steering wheel is a little hard when you turn left or right plus you got to turn it back yourself. I have checked the fluid and tyre pressure I have also had the pump changed but its still the same. Can any help my here please. I'm sure it's suppose to be smooth. It's a 2007 220 cdi coupe .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes only 1 month ago mate

Get the tracking checked.
My 211 was the same until it was sorted.

jose88440 said:
Yes only 1 month ago mate Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The reason for asking is because my S203 was exactly the same but I put it down to the nature of the car having never driven another. It wasn't until recently when I had to replace a track control arm (the forged steel one) that I realised they were a different length to the replacement part.Having then checked it to an OEM part I realised both sides were wrong.(perhaps off a 202 I don't know.)Having now fitted a pair and retracked the car by a mile it self centres perfectly And the ride is a lot better as well as the steering. I posted before Christmas about this and how to check. Have a look at W203 lower front arm in wheels ,tyres and suspension. You will need to retrack at the same time!!

Last edited:
The car has sports suspension to. I had a guy today saying it could be the angle sensor he said. He will plug it on the computer to see tomorrow hopefully that will be it. If not I will just have to wait till my day off to check that mate. Thanks guys

If it's the angle sensor you'll get a light on the dashboard i.e. If you're going straight and the steering isn't. The bottom arms are the same for all models regardless of spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom