Steering lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWAC220

Car
Mercedes C220 Estate
Just been reading through all the problems that fellow Mercedes owners have had with their steering locks etc. Mainly seem to be older vehicles but keep recurring much to peoples annoyance. Now in 2020 my 2015 C220 has succumbed to the same problem and the car has not even done 40,000 miles so this does not say a lot about the build quality improvements to known problems. When I put the key in the ignition I got a beep and a message that said ''steering malfunction - see owners manual''. My local dealer said they would send the RAC out. The mechanic arrived and after 50mins gave up trying to start the vehicle. This was despite speaking to Mercedes for help. So a recovery truck has now taken it to the local dealer and they say it needs a new steering lock that has to come from Germany as it has to be coded and I will have to prove who I am when I go and collect the vehicle. Cost will be just under £1,000. I do not drive the car hard so I was also surprised when the brake discs needed replacing after 30,000 miles. When I bought the car the salesman kept telling me how aspirational it was. He did mention the high maintenance costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom