• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Steering Rack Bolts Recall - SOFTWARE UPDATE

tommygunn212

Car
2013 CLS250 CDI W218
Hi guys,

So after receiving a letter from MB I went to the Mercedes dealership in April who fixed the steering rack bolts as detailed in the letter. However, at no point did they tell me they would do a software update which they confirmed today they’d done by telephone. The guy I spoke with was quite dismissive of my points and told me they definitely would have given me a job card prior to the work being done.

Well, I told him they categorically didn’t tell me about a software update. Anyway, I’ve seen a bunch of people warning on Facebook to refuse the update being carried out as it messes up performance. I’ve since had a yellow check engine light come on but it might be completely unrelated.

Does anyone have any advice in this? I’m tempted to raise a complaint as I feel they should have made it clear they would update the software before doing it. Am I just being a paranoid Karen?! : )

You can complain all you like, but it won't get you anywhere.
I made it clear before servicing that I didn't want any engine software updates done on my previous E63 as that would wipe the remap I'd paid for. The service manager wrote my instructions on the job card before I handed over the keys. Don't rely on the dealers telling you they are doing an update.

It's too late now, and I hope your eml showing is a coincidence, but don't be surprised if you now have a faulty nox sensor, thanks to the software update.

The new software update will reduce your MPG.

You can complain all you like, but it won't get you anywhere.
I made it clear before servicing that I didn't want any engine software updates done on my previous E63 as that would wipe the remap I'd paid for. The service manager wrote my instructions on the job card before I handed over the keys. Don't rely on the dealers telling you they are doing an update.

It's too late now, and I hope your eml showing is a coincidence, but don't be surprised if you now have a faulty nox sensor, thanks to the software update.
Is there any verifiable sources to substantiate the claim that the software has affected the sensors or performance? As far as I can tell it seems to be rumours based on theories..

Is there any verifiable sources to substantiate the claim that the software has affected the sensors or performance? As far as I can tell it seems to be rumours based on theories..
I can only refer to members who have posted here and had this update done and then had an eml and faulty nox sensor almost immediately afterwards. Coincidence? What do you think?

From my experience, I had my software updated late 2019, this was before I knew about the issues about mpg, and such like, till today I have not had any issues with Nox sensors, obviously others have. I only do around 5-6k per year, but does get a good run every 2 months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom