Steering Wheel Adjustment stopped working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgh

Car
E Class Cabriolet E220d 2020
Anyone else encountered this, the steering wheel adjustment has stopped working. I have a 15 plate E Class with Memory seats but the wheel will not budge from the highest position!

Operate the adjustment lever in the direction it won't move and bang the steering wheel in the same direction very hard with your hand. The shock will get it moving again, had to do this with a previous Mercedes.

Thanks, I'd found that somewhere else after a Google to hit it with your hand. Tried it though and didn't work, might be time for a hammer!

I've never needed a hammer, try and make sure the adjuster lever is being operated at the same time and hit it quiet hard in the direction it won't move, if it fails, hit it again

I've never needed a hammer, try and make sure the adjuster lever is being operated at the same time and hit it quiet hard in the direction it won't move, if it fails, hit it again

Can you hit quiet and hard at the same time?
Or should you just hit it quite hard.

Did this ever get sorted?

The op has memory seats so the wheel adjustment is done by a stalk electronically to the left of the wheel rather than a release lever, move wheel, then lock mechanism?

Anyone else encountered this, the steering wheel adjustment has stopped working. I have a 15 plate E Class with Memory seats but the wheel will not budge from the highest position!

I now have the same problem ...

My 2018 E220d Estate has electric memory seats and steering wheel position. I’ve noticed that while the wheel will adjust in and out - i.e closer to the dash or closer to the driver, the height adjustment has stoped working. If I use the stalk to adjust it I can hear a click but there is no movement.

Did you find fix or reset trick for it?

Otherwise it’s off to the dealer - warranty expires in two month…

If it's the same as a C class extend the steering wheel all the way out, then use the up/down lever while pulling up & down on the steering wheel, It will eventually go up & down on its own when you use the up/down lever.

If it's the same as a C class extend the steering wheel all the way out, then use the up/down lever while pulling up & down on the steering wheel, It will eventually go up & down on its own when you use the up/down lever.

Yes ! That worked.

All working again.

Thanks 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom